VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can't seem to find it anywhere on google so maybe its not possible. But, by default I have 3 video and audio slots on my timeline. Is it possible to add more video slots or am I stuck with just 3?
    Quote Quote  
  2. hint: right click above the highest "slot."

This is really basic stuff, you may want to curl up with the manual for a few hours -- at least to learn the proper nomenclature.

Just curious, it appears you are a beginner, why do you think need more than 3 "slots?"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that's about as basic as opening a file. As smrpix suggested, you should read the manual, or simply open the help index in Premiere (F1 button, I think), or even do a Google search using the term "Premiere add tracks to timeline."

"Track" is the word you're looking for, not "slot."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Get your receipt for $800 and call Adobe's help line.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You guys are obnoxious. How about answering kakarotoni's question instead of getting all high and mighty? I mean, I know you've never had to ask any questions of anybody. . . ever. . . but come on.

Condescending jackasses.

Kakarotoni, if you want to add another track (go ahead and call them "slots" if you want to - we all know what you mean), just right click in the area to the left of the tracks (the area with the lock icon, eyeball icon, etc.) and select "Add Track."
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by dg311 View Post
    You guys are obnoxious. How about answering kakarotoni's question instead of getting all high and mighty? I mean, I know you've never had to ask any questions of anybody. . . ever. . . but come on.

Condescending jackasses.

Kakarotoni, if you want to add another track (go ahead and call them "slots" if you want to - we all know what you mean), just right click in the area to the left of the tracks (the area with the lock icon, eyeball icon, etc.) and select "Add Track."
    Wouldn't you also consider re opening a two year old thread just to scold people obnoxious? There seems to be no shortage of" high and mighty" "condescending jackasses" in the world.
    Last edited by smrpix; 8th Sep 2014 at 11:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Plus the "we all know what you are talking about" is a fallacy. If you don't use proper nomenclature, people don't know what you are talking about.
    Plus, they ANSWERED the question.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think being a stickler / tight-in-the-ass is the hallmark of a good editor. I took my share of beatings in various forums too. Think of it as a rite of passage.

I've heard of a "Slot Gag", but it's not related to a track at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I was a kid, 'Slot Car Racing" was big. I remember spending most of my paper route money on Slot Cars with much modifications. They went around a big "Track" on "Slots".

Maybe that's what the OP really meant?
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by budwzr; 10th Sep 2014 at 23:12.
    Quote Quote