FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Thread
  1. [QUOTE=David Banner;2580546]
    Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    Originally Posted by RTE View Post
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    what is your problem? yt-dl work great with both links...
    you have to get m3u8 file then put on yt-dl. no problem to download.
    Hey. I haven't been able to find the m3u8 links like I used to.
    I assumed they changed the protocol used or something. Can you explain how you get them?

Thanks.
    RTE has changed. I do not know any way to download from RTE now. The change may not apply to old stuff like your archive link. One of your links is not RTE it is virgin
    Ah I see. That clears it up.

I have been able to download some archive stuff, but not all.
    No problem. I tried both with yt/dl and they do not work for me. I am not very familiar with virgin. If anyone discovers a way to download fromn RTE please post
    If you get the stream detector you can get the manifest m3u8 and use that with yt/dl. I just discovered that and I do not know if it will work with non archive or virgin

Here is your world cup piece.
    Last edited by David Banner; 24th Apr 2020 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
    Last edited by David Banner; 20th Jan 2021 at 07:40.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Deceased
    Search PM
    my testing
    old rte archive on the old system: yes work
    virgin: yes work
    new rte: no work

nothing described in the posts from today solves anything about the new rte system.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    my testing

nothing described in the posts from today solves anything about the new rte system.
    how did you get virgin to work? On the stream detector i get
    streamlink --http-header "User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:72.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/72.0" --http-header "Referer=https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/player/show/1866/171110/0/The-Guards%3A-Inside-the-K" -o "manifest.ts" "https://manifest.prod.boltdns.net/manifest/v1/dash/live-baseurl/bccenc/6057994491001/4fd57dcd-3673-412e-854e-29d1b4d86180/6s/manifest.mpd?fastly_token=NWVhMzk5MjhfN2I4NDBkMGNi ZmUxN2FlODViMmM2OTNkYWQwNzZjYTlmOTIwNzUwNTQ1YzE3MT g3NDMyMWZhODQ2YWQ4MTY5OA%3D%3D" best
    Where do you put that and what part of it?

I agree re rte
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    my testing

Thanks, that's really helpful.
    At least I'm starting to make sense of why I was able to get some of the archive stuff but not the Player stuff.

Can you give some more info on how you can get the links from Virgin? I haven't been able to get any progress from there.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by RTE View Post
    my testing

At least I'm starting to make sense of why I was able to get some of the archive stuff but not the Player stuff.

Can you give some more info on how you can get the links from Virgin? I haven't been able to get any progress from there.

Thanks again.
    what do you get when you try for the link? segments of .m4f files?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    my testing

Thanks again.
    Yes, that's correct. I also get a manifest.mpd link.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by RTE View Post
    my testing

Thanks again.
    Yes, that's correct. I also get a manifest.mpd link.
    I get this .mpd
    "https://manifest.prod.boltdns.net/manifest/v1/dash/live-baseurl/bccenc/6057994491001/4fd57dcd-3673-412e-854e-29d1b4d86180/6s/manifest.mpd?fastly_token=NWVhM2E3NjBfNzMxNmYxNzU5 M2U4NjcxN2E3NzRjZDcxMjQyZjRkYWUwNTk1ZmU2MDcxMGMxZT RiOWIxN2NiM2M3YjY5ZGRiYg%3D%3D" best
    I tried it in youtube dl and stream link. I get error 403
    [generic] manifest: Downloading webpage
    ERROR: Unable to download webpage: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden (caused by HTTPErro
    r());
    Quote Quote  
  9. Deceased
    Search PM
    my mistake. your news clip video from virgin downloads simply.
    however your suicide video from virgin is more technically complex to download.
    Open the url starting with h t t p s : / / edge.api.brightcove . c o m /playback/v1/accounts
    inside of a new tab to see all of the sources. the api won't open until an attempt to play the video has set the cookies.

none of this solves the rte problem which is the problem that i want solved.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Guys, my dumb ass cannot find the m3u8 file of this:
    https://www.rte.ie/player/movie/the-songs-of-leonard-cohen-with-the-rte-concert-orches...a/131785767990
    Looks liek RTE tightened their security?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    my mistake. your news clip video from virgin downloads simply.
    however your suicide video from virgin is more technically complex to download.
    Open the url starting with h t t p s : / / edge.api.brightcove . c o m /playback/v1/accounts
    inside of a new tab to see all of the sources. the api won't open until an attempt to play the video has set the cookies.

none of this solves the rte problem which is the problem that i want solved.
    That's exactly the experience I'm having too.
    Those were just examples I plucked to show the issue but it seems that anything with 3rd party content is more complex, while news seems to be not so.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Deceased
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wile.e.coyote View Post
    ---
    [Attachment 52923 - Click to enlarge]
    The actual content page will be shown if a good enough vpn is used.

Even if the vpn is good enough to pass the rte player check so that the content page is shown, the video still won't actually play unless the vpn is also good enough to pass theplatform check that fetches the video sources.
    Last edited by blimey; 27th Apr 2020 at 02:53.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    ---
    [Attachment 52923 - Click to enlarge]
    The actual content page will be shown if a good enough vpn is used.

Even if the vpn is good enough to pass the rte player check so that the content page is shown, the video still won't actually play unless the vpn is also good enough to pass theplatform check that fetches the video sources.
    I did use VPN and it played fine, but all i got when looking into downloading it were those dash files. I understand that the way to download from the new RTE player still hasn't been found
    Quote Quote  
  14. I can see it as i am in Ireland but it is not an m3u8

Code:
    "https://vod.rte.ie/rte/vod/RTE_Prod_-_Prod/752/300/IH000391061/M3702674-1587663825679.ism/dash/M3702674-1587663825679-video=881000.dash?expiry=1590445740" best
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cohen.png
Views:	88
Size:	538.2 KB
ID:	52932  

Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    I can see it as i am in Ireland but it is not an m3u8

Code:
    "https://vod.rte.ie/rte/vod/RTE_Prod_-_Prod/752/300/IH000391061/M3702674-1587663825679.ism/dash/M3702674-1587663825679-video=881000.dash?expiry=1590445740" best
    Doesn't seem to work for me, but thank you! Luckily someone ripped it from TV and put it on Reddit.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by wile.e.coyote View Post

Code:
    Doesn't seem to work for me, but thank you! Luckily someone ripped it from TV and put it on Reddit.
    How did they rip it if rte cannot be ripped. Screen record? I can't download it from RTE just see it
    Last edited by David Banner; 29th Apr 2020 at 05:51.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by David Banner View Post

Code:
    How did they rip it if rte cannot be ripped. Screen record? I can't download it from RTE just see it
    I think they literally recorded it straight from television not the online player. It has the RTE watermark which the online stream doesn't have.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by wile.e.coyote View Post

Code:
    I think they literally recorded it straight from television not the online player. It has the RTE watermark which the online stream doesn't have.
    Oh I see. I saw people on reddit complaining it was pixelating but mine is fine
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi all,

I have tried to follow the steps in this thread but I am unable to get it to work.

I would like to download this show, it is the late late toy show
    https://www.rte.ie/player/movie/the-late-late-toy-show/165979176266

Can anyone help me in the right direction or download it and post it somewhere for me?

Thanks in advance
    Frank
    Quote Quote  
  20. Check the teilifis sub reddit.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Frankmurry12 View Post
    Hi all,

I have tried to follow the steps in this thread but I am unable to get it to work.

I would like to download this show, it is the late late toy show
    https://www.rte.ie/player/movie/the-late-late-toy-show/165979176266

Can anyone help me in the right direction or download it and post it somewhere for me?

Thanks in advance
    Frank
    Don't know of any way to download from RTE now. Watch on player record the screen?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Djste18 View Post
    Check the teilifis sub reddit.
    It says number of allowed playbacks have been exceeded.Who decided the number and same for downloads?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Deceased
    Search PM
    Don't know of any way to download from RTE now. Watch on player record the screen?
    This way works for the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    This way works for the moment.
    Thanks i did not know of that, will check it out. I thought they had blocked all the ways
    Quote Quote  
  25. Has anyone found a way to download the mpd or m3u8 or failing those the segmented dash files from rte using youtube-dl?
    Last edited by BigAndy27; 14th Jan 2021 at 07:11. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by BigAndy27 View Post
    Has anyone found a way to download the mpd or m3u8 or failing those the segmented dash files from rte using youtube-dl?
    Sorry misread. No not with youtube-dl
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    Originally Posted by BigAndy27 View Post
    Has anyone found a way to download the mpd or m3u8 or failing those the segmented dash files from rte using youtube-dl?
    Any other way without using yt-dl?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by BigAndy27 View Post
    Originally Posted by BigAndy27 View Post
    Any other way without using yt-dl?
    blimeys post above? didn't work for me
    Quote Quote