+ Reply to Thread
Results 421 to 442 of 442
Hello, here I go again. I tried stealing a video from RTE player with youtube-dl, which usually normally works for me, but no matter what i do, it doesnt connect. And my command line seems to be broken. Tried it in Win Powershell. I am hoping to download in best possible quality and also have to use a proxy as im not in Ireland or the UK. Any suggestions on what might work without command line? Not sure how much time there is left for this one....
Thank you so so much in advance!
Edit: Now also my powershell says "The screen cannot be set to the number of lines and columns specified". so i guess its no longer working too?
Last edited by wile.e.coyote; 27th Feb 2018 at 11:46.
1. Edit the URL by replacing cz with ie:Code:
3. Open the page for the episode 1 (if your proxy is OK, ie will still be shown in the next page's URL + no warning about your location).
4. Start playback and find the link to the f4m manifest (2048 kbps version), previously having used F12 key (browser developer tool opens - use its Network tab).
5. Use that link in youtube-dl, the proxy is not needed anymore.
Hey all. I'm a noob at all this. About 2 years ago I had a program on PC that could rip RTE player, successfully got a few bits. Now I'm on mac and can't remember what it was called. I'm almost certain it was made by an Irish guy - any ideas what it was called?
Would anyone do me a huge favour and rip 2 shows for me? I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
wow. thanks a mill LZAA. thats's super cool of you. god bless the internet and you techy types
Can anyone recommend a VPN that works for streaming RTE Player from the UK ?
Really struggling to find a way to download from the RTE Player from the UK. I previously had a few apps that would do this but I spent several hours this morning downloading and trying different methods without any luck at all.
I'm trying to download the following programme:
Can anyone help please ?
Thanks in advance
Trying to download off the new rte player, have used older methods before and have worked but since Christmas they have changed their player
Can anyone help please to get back downloading off the player?
I am currently trying to download bachelors walk for the Mrs and have found a way to get the files but it's a real pain in the arse manual way, maybe someone here has an idea on automating it.
1) Go to the series you want to watch and
2) In firefox press f12 to open the developer console
3) Go to the Network tab in the developer window
4) select the episode and then press play
5) watch the console and select one of the lines when your episode is playing, on the RHS you will see request URL eg https://vod.rte.ie/rte/vod/RTE_Prod_-_Prod/69/348/IP9706/M3646081-1541685509261.ism/da...iry=1603350000
6) edit this URL back to the 1st IPXXXX folder eg https://vod.rte.ie/rte/vod/RTE_Prod_-_Prod/69/348/IP9706/
7) put this in the browser and select the largest file there and it will download a file in .ismv format eg https://vod.rte.ie/rte/vod/RTE_Prod_-_Prod/69/348/IP9706/M3646081-15416769273112496_dc...f85bf7672.ismv
8) this can be played in VLC or mp4 format can be extracted from it (google it eg ffmpeg - https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#mov_002c-mp4_002c-ismv)
hope this helps
Many thanks for this. There's a show I've been after for ages.
The sound is in the ismv file.
Convert the ismv file to an mp4 using ffmpeg and the sound synchs.
ffmpeg -i FILENAME.ismv -codec copy -f mp4 -y FILENAME.mp4
Are the subs hardcoded? I can't seem to get rid of them.
The TG4 contents subs are hardcoded.
The first file on the [vid] list is a 360x640 mp4 file with sound already synched
Last edited by daigo99; 10th Feb 2019 at 21:57.
https://vod.rte.ie/rte/vod/RTE_Prod_-_Prod//69/348/IP9706/ [*this link will not work and is for illustrative purposes only*]