VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey budwzr...here is a much better mpg including better sound to work with. I am also sending you the mp3 in case it will help you. What software are you using to do the lyric fixes with in case I want to try something like this in the future?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Poisondeathray...haha I never said it was Vince Gill Karaoke, just that is what my screen name is all about. The reason for not using the music video is that it won't sync with the audio from the karaoke which has the lead vocals removed and only background vocals and music included.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cornucopia (Scott) I can't seem to find anywhere in the program where I can change the ignore features. Maybe you can only do that with the paid version or I just am not familiar with all areas of the software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a sample so far.

Like I said, its a tedious job, but I do have a workflow now. The last time I did subtitling was a few years back, but I forgot how to do it, and had to rethink it. Next up is highlighting so the singers can keep time.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by budwzr; 6th Nov 2012 at 22:28.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, the re-learning curve....at least doesn't take as long as learning it the first time.

What software are you using? I just downloaded the sample. Will get back to you after I have a peek at it.
    Last edited by vincegfan; 6th Nov 2012 at 22:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vincegfan View Post
    Hey budwzr...here is a much better mpg including better sound to work with. I am also sending you the mp3 in case it will help you. What software are you using to do the lyric fixes with in case I want to try something like this in the future?
    Got it.

Sony Vegas. I'll give you the project file at the end, so you can see how.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just watched it. It looks good, except I think the grey looked better, but I take what ever you are willing to give me. The music didn't sink with the sample, is that just because the video is just a sample and not the whole file? Sounds great about giving me the project file so I can learn how to do this for myself. Is Sony Vegas a free software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vincegfan View Post
    I just watched it. It looks good, except I think the grey looked better...
    No worries, we can fine tune it later.

I couldn't sync the vocals before, only the old subtitles to go by, because of no singing, just a beat. The new audio track is great.

Try this one. I like this song. It's very girlie, but if they're happy, we're happy.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by budwzr; 6th Nov 2012 at 23:10.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Um...it's girly and I'm one of them...(you know, female) LOL Did you add the actual mp3 of Janet to the karaoke video, because that won't work. You need to use the original audio I sent with the video as that is the karaoke music version (no lead vocals only background vocals and music) and just use the original music as a guide. I think if you use the old words as a guide and just replace with the correct lyrics it will sync just fine.
    I have a T-shirt that says, "If Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy"...so you definitely got that part right!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ummm...are you lecturing me? hahaha

I see your point, but hearing the actual vocals helps tremendously. I had never heard that song before.

What I'll do is try to sync the karaoke version to the real one, because the real one must have the same beat, right? And we'll swap that in later.

No, Vegas isn't free. The free ones are too nerdy, and cause great aggravation.

Last edited by budwzr; 6th Nov 2012 at 23:37.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think the karaoke version and real song will sync because even though they may have the same beat, the speed of that beat probably won't be exactly the same, at least not normally exact enough to sync with the words on the screen. That is why I recommended just replacing the wrong lyrics as those are already synced correctly with the karaoke version.
    I think I found a way to download a trial version of VegasPro 12 and then a way to crack it to non-trial, will see if it works out later. Sure take your time, you are doing a favor for me so I sure won't be rude enough to try and hurry you !!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Crack it to non-trial?" You're a software pirate? You better PM me so I can spank your fanny. Bad girl!

[unsub]
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What I was told to do didn't work anyway, so when the trial period ends I will need to purchase it if I think I want to keep it. Looks like it might be a good program to have.

How did you know I might LIKE that....I'm a BAD girl!! And you picked up on that awfully quickly...HAHA
    Quote Quote