VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. im trying to load a virtualdubplugin into my avisynth script, but cant figure out how. I'm trying to load smart smoother, or smooth1.1 and it wont work. any suggestions? I dont want to use the Avisynth version of smarsmoother because i dont feel it does as good of a job as the virtualdub version.
    Last edited by mmbwdpnz; 4th Nov 2012 at 18:41.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Something like this:

Code:
    LoadVirtualDubPlugin("g:\Program files\VirtualDub\plugins\deflick.vdf","DeFlick") 

AviSource("source.avi") 

ConvertToRGB32()
    #DeFlick(window size, softening, interlaced, scene change threshold, show scene change)
    DeFlick(8, 0, 0, 10, 0) 

ConvertToYV12() #if necessary
    The hard part is determining all the arguments and the order that need to be passed. Use Video -> Save Processing Settings to create a VCF file, then open that with Notepad to see the arguments.

Which smart smoother are you trying to use? There is more than one with that name. I have Smart Smoother IQ (0.6) and Smart Smoother HiQuality (2.11).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Like this:

Code:
    LoadVirtualDubPlugin("g:\Program files\VirtualDub\plugins\smooth.vdf","SmartSmooth") 

AviSource("source.avi") 

ConvertToRGB32()
    SmartSmooth(5, 25, 0) # diameter, threshold, interlaced
    ConvertToYV12() # optional, back to YV12
    Be sure to modify the path to smooth.vdf:
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok so do i save this as a .avsi file, or do i just put this into my mpeg2source script?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Put all the commands, except the AviSource() line, in your mpeg2source() script.
    Quote Quote