VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I really want to rip blu ray films on to my laptop, because I like to use those films in sony vegas and edit them. You know the typical amateur vids you see.I was looking for external blue ray writers and found this one - http://www.wiseguys.co.nz/samsung-se-506ab-external-blu-ray-writer-185075.

But I am not sure if I should even buy it. Does your laptop need extra power or uhhh any other special gadgets to allow it to copy blu-rays? Does a blu ray writer ever mean it will let you copy the files on to the computer? I'm kind of confused. Because I see that you need a blu ray DRIVE to copy the files on to your computer but is it the same as a Blu ray WRITER?

As you can probably tell I am an idiot when it comes to computer stuff, but any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No, you don't need any special gadgets. And yes you can copy most blu-ray with a decrypter like anydvdhd.

But it wont be that simple to edit blu-rays. You might have to convert the blu-ray to avchd to be able to import it correctly in vegas for example. And editing 1080p video requires a lot from your computer...or it will take ages to edit and export.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, if you want to edit/render 1080p you're basically talking gaming machine cpu and ram.
    Quote Quote