VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to use Subtitle Edit (33beta2; also tried stable 3.2.8) to convert idx/sub subtitles to srt using the command line:

Code:
    SubtitleEdit.exe /convert "h:\TestClips&Co\DVDs\ElephantsDream\TITLE_1_0_en.sub" DVDSubtitle /outputfolder:"d:\" /fps:25
    and
    Code:
    SubtitleEdit.exe /convert "h:\TestClips&Co\DVDs\ElephantsDream\TITLE_1_0_en.sub" SubRip /outputfolder:"d:\" /fps:25
    but I always end up with:
    Code:
    Subtitle Edit 3.3 ßeta 2 - Batch converter

- Syntax: SubtitleEdit /convert <pattern> <name-of-format-without-spaces> [/offset:hh:mm:ss:msec] [/encoding:<encoding name>] [/fps:<frame rate>] [/inputfolder:<input folder>] [/outputfolder:<output folder>]

example: SubtitleEdit /convert *.srt sami
        list available formats: SubtitleEdit /convert /list

1: h:\TestClips&Co\DVDs\ElephantsDream\TITLE_1_0_en.sub - input file format unknown!
    File is handled properly if I use the GUI, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Cu Selur

Ps.: I attached the subtitles, for those who want to look at them.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Selur; 26th Oct 2012 at 07:23.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Selur!

Sorry, SE does not support OCR'ing via command line.

Also, I'm not sure it's a good idea to add ocr to command line as ocr often requires manual corrections and has more options than normal converting from one text based format to another text based format (of which SE has about 130 of now)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for clearing that up!

Cu Selur

Ps.: I know that's normally not recommend to do OCR without any manual checking, but I thought SE would allow it.
    Quote Quote