VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It there any program that can extract subtitles from mkv including any attachment like "opening" "ending"?
    I know there is MKVExtractGUI2 but it do not attach content from op/ed parts...

I can write my own 'rebuilder' in ahk but im beginner and i think beta version of this program will take me about once a week... So i hope there is someone other program then I can save my time
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have no idea what you're talking about. What are "op/ed parts" ??
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about. What are "op/ed parts" ??
    opening/ending
    for example in most Anime series opening and ending are in separate files... And now while playing in player subtitles are load in real time from mkv file, so while Ill try to extract subtitles it skip subs from opening ending parts because it is in other files but still attach to mail mkv (UID)... I rly cant explain it better, my eng is so bad.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not sure what you can do. The only thing that comes to mind is to concatenate the subtitle files and adjust the timing so that it's in sync. Depending on the subtitle type there should be various subtitle tools that can do it. Take a look at SubtitleEdit. Or just search on Concatenate Subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeap I know that, I tryed everyone sub editor and noone is comfortable to adjusting time (too much click etc.) and just because i write my own program that can do it much faster in just fev clicks, but still I have to preview in playerwhat is the timing. Hower it is not the only adjust time by lenght op/ed because it is always little shorter in real and still I need to know where do adjust, and much more thing to do...
    I do not see any problem if I have to do it for few subtitles, but while I need to do that with 20-40 subs per day it take me few hour...
    Additionally I resync same the same amount of subs from TV version to the DVD and it always need to adjust in 1-3 or more point and it required seek and preview manually in player. And there again I have my own toll that can do it with only 2-3 click based on other synced subs (no one other program can do it correct).
    Question why I need other extracted subs? Because my lang is other and many times for once anime series not all subs are synced to the once version...

Whatever you slice it is too much time consumbtion for mass editing, so that kind of extractor like in opic will save a lot of my time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I understand. It's been my experience that subtitles are usually the limiting factor when deciding which tools to use. It's very frustrating. Often there is no good solution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There was another thread on this and I posted the way to extract attachments with Toolnix, mainly the mkvmerge and mkvextract programs. The Gui doesn't always work for all attachments. I understand what you want is like:
    CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
    CHAPTER01NAME=Prologue
    CHAPTER02=00:00:27.110
    CHAPTER02NAME=OP
    CHAPTER03=00:02:07.002
    CHAPTER03NAME=Part 1
    CHAPTER04=00:15:27.969
    CHAPTER04NAME=Part 2
    CHAPTER05=00:24:10.366
    CHAPTER05NAME=ED
    CHAPTER06=00:25:39.997
    CHAPTER06NAME=Preview

If you download toolnix and run the "mkvmerge -i videoname.mkv" it will identify the type of attachment/track/menu. Then use the mkvextract to extract what you need. When in doubt just type mkvmerge or mkvextract and it prints examples plus there are many
    sites that you can google. The other thread was at https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/350111-Ripping-font-files-from-MKV-s-(ASS) (About extracting fonts) and https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/350173-Format-Factory-Audio-WAY-to-fast-issue?p=219...91#post2194891 (about extracting chapters example.).

These are command line editors and there is Gui for them but, it will not work for all attachments, at least subtitles. Also if you want to extract the chapters in .chap format be sure to use the -s option otherwise it gives you XML format.
    Last edited by Budman1; 22nd Oct 2012 at 17:00. Reason: truncated message.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by szujeq View Post
    Additionally I resync same the same amount of subs from TV version to the DVD and it always need to adjust in 1-3 or more point and it required seek and preview manually in player. And there again I have my own toll that can do it with only 2-3 click based on other synced subs (no one other program can do it correct).
    Subtitle Workshop has excellent sync tools.
    Either input a fixed delay, or use the "1","2" , "S" buttons to do 2 or multi point adjustments.

Can also copy times from a file or another subtitle file (say n a different language).

Easy, after you've read the relevant part of the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    There was another thread on this and I posted the way to extract attachments with Toolnix, mainly the mkvmerge and mkvextract programs. The Gui doesn't always work for all attachments. I understand what you want is like:
    CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
    CHAPTER01NAME=Prologue
    CHAPTER02=00:00:27.110
    CHAPTER02NAME=OP
    CHAPTER03=00:02:07.002
    CHAPTER03NAME=Part 1
    CHAPTER04=00:15:27.969
    CHAPTER04NAME=Part 2
    CHAPTER05=00:24:10.366
    CHAPTER05NAME=ED
    CHAPTER06=00:25:39.997
    CHAPTER06NAME=Preview

If you download toolnix and run the "mkvmerge -i videoname.mkv" it will identify the type of attachment/track/menu. Then use the mkvextract to extract what you need. When in doubt just type mkvmerge or mkvextract and it prints examples plus there are many
    sites that you can google. The other thread was at https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/350111-Ripping-font-files-from-MKV-s-(ASS) (About extracting fonts) and https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/350173-Format-Factory-Audio-WAY-to-fast-issue?p=219...91#post2194891 (about extracting chapters example.).

These are command line editors and there is Gui for them but, it will not work for all attachments, at least subtitles. Also if you want to extract the chapters in .chap format be sure to use the -s option otherwise it gives you XML format.

I currenly almost done my script for rebuild extracted subs, I was not expecting that I made that quick (now must only delete some bugs but mainly it worked fine) contrary to what you said only from xml chaper format I'm able to fully rebuild, ogm cut some information that are required...

Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Originally Posted by szujeq View Post
    Subtitle Workshop has excellent sync tools.
    Either input a fixed delay, or use the "1","2" , "S" buttons to do 2 or multi point adjustments.

Can also copy times from a file or another subtitle file (say n a different language).

Easy, after you've read the relevant part of the manual.
    I tryed everyone program and there almost always output timing are wrong while sync to other or required manual integrate or usage is uncomfortable

Now that look my tool (alpha stage) and now it can do everything what i said earlied in only few click. I know that do not have much other tools but currently it is focused on fully automaticly retiming ASS format.
    However after that, I think other best tool is AegiSub and subtitle workshop if i need to convert many files to ass
    Quote Quote  
  10. An Autohotkey guy eh? I use AHK_L myself for tray hotkey apps. The gui looks good. I'll have to check back. I hope you give away copes once you have it debugged. I've only played around with SRT subs. But it looks like the .ass format is gaining popularity.

Quote Quote