VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have some DVD's that my MacBook Pro does not recongnize. When i put the disch in it takes minute or to and after that it ejected back. I'm working a lot with ripping DVD's when i need some "cuts" so i also tried on windows onn latest versions of DVDFab, DVD Shrink and Clone DVD and does not work. I tried with MTR and DVDFAb for Mac but no success. This happens once in a ten years so where is the problem. Copy protection, need some special software to decrypt some files or...???

Pls help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if nothing can read the disc it's most likely just bad and nothing is going to help. depending on the quality of the disc that was originally used and how it was handled and stored they can last as little as a couple years.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    If these are commercially made dvds, and the latest versions of DVDFAb and AnyDVD do not decrypt them and allow you to copy them, then they are probably damaged in some way.

If these are burned discs, they shouldn't have copy protection. You can try ISOBuster on discs that don't have copy protection, but are difficult to read. Some dvd drives are better readers, so you might try them in different drives.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try the discs in a different drive. I've had Mac Superdrives be... tempremental, when it comes to reading discs, even on a relatively new machine.

If the discs are home-made, what media was used to make them? (Disc manufacturer, type, etc.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The disc is original one. And it's expensive one. I know that some DVD drives read better than others i tried on three different dvd drives. So if you put dvd on DVD player (not dvdrom) it works perfectly. I know there is a copy potection because only on DVD-ROM does not work. So i just wanted to know if there is a "special software" that can break the lock just to recongnize the DVD from there i can manage myself.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If they are new releases I wouldn't assume the drive is bad. When there are new encryption methods it takes a little while for the developers to figure it out. I see there was a new version of dvdfab the day of the original post. Did you try that? Never tried anydvd myself.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The DVD is from 2008, and i have all latest version of spftwares, it just won't to recongnized the DVD media so i think it's some file that cannot read so probabaly i have to figure that out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also have several movies that I backed up with no copy potection on them but when I go to put the movie back on my hard drive it won't let me.
    Quote Quote