VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi , i am looking for a couple of good recommendations i need

1) a Free dvd authoring suite for making DVD discs with the menu option for multiply films and ideally a option to put a background on the menu

2) a good free video convertor , i have used some in the past but the sync goes out later in the movie , so any advice on a good solid free convertor would be great.

All advice welcomed

TY
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How many threads do you need for the same, exact topic?
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi , is it the same ? my last post was in reference to freemaker program
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you just want to make very simple menus where someone picks a movie and clicks on it and it starts playing and don't want any submenus (ie. for chapters, multiple languages, etc.) underneath the main menu, you can probably use GUIforDVDAuthor for this task. However, the documentation for it is now very old and out of date. I have tried to make submenus with it and completely failed. I suppose there is always some chance that you might be better than me at this, but I have to warn you that I couldn't do it. But it's relatively easy to create simple text main menus based on the documentation you'll be able to find for the program.

Maybe ConvertXtoDVD would be a good converter for you, but it's not free.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi , Thank you for the help Jman , i have downloaded AVStoDVD , looks pretty good , i am going to give it a go later today , i have installed , it has menu options and appears to convert various video sources into a dvd with menu options

as anyone else used AVStoDVD ? any hints and tips....??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A lot have used AVStoDVD with it's own support thread here at VH. It worked well until it suddenly stopped on me. I had 2 screenings and had to move on.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

For 1).. Try FAVC. It's old & hasn't been updated for a long while but it works with most source formats.

For 2).. I use Freemake Video Converter
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    How many threads do you need for the same, exact topic?
    I was just thinking the same thing.....

Originally Posted by soulbug View Post
    hi , is it the same ? my last post was in reference to freemaker program
    Hmmm....

Originally Posted by soulbug
    Hi , i was looking at using freemake to put a few movies on a DVD disc , but i do not seem to be able to see a make menu option ?

anyone help me on this please.

or is there a different program i can use for free that will enable me to make a menu and ideally put a background on the menu jpeg or animated is fine.
    Kind of looks the same to me....
    Quote Quote