VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. It's not your fault. Easy CD isn't the best program for burning these types of movies. I use Nero but VCDEasy will also work and it's free.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Has anyone had problems with the movements being very pixelated after the single CD conversion is done? This is also evident when running the mpeg on the computer before burning so I know it's not a burning speed issue. I like this tip but can't live with the squares. Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  3. How low did you set the bitrate? Usually the only times a movie wil become pixalated for me is when there is very fast motion and this also happens when I use the standard VCD template that comes with TMPGEnc. The lowest I set the bitrate to is 900. Another thing that will make a movie become very pixalated is if the res is high. I only guarantee my method to work for the res 352x240 or 352x288 not 480x480 or above that's why I don't use this when making SVCDs. Every movie I have made with lower bitrates comes out looking great.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm sorry to make you repeat things but I've gone over the previous posts and would like to know if my assumptions are correct. With an average length movie, the bit rate can remain above the 900 level. With longer movies, to keep the 900 bit rate, I would have to lower the audio rate? I'm using 80 minute CDs. Thus, movies that are really long, it's still best to go with multiple CDs? Thanks for you help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Rep here again. I fixed my problems from before...the skipping of the film was due to a bad rip, and the file size came out fine. HEres a new questions though. I encoded this movie at something like 720 x 480 something resolution...went to nero, dragged it into the window and the standard compliance thing comes up so i say turn off standard compliace. Everything's fine, I burn the movie, pop it in the DVD player, it plays but doesnt look all that great. So this time, I encoded it at a much smaller resolution of 352 x 240. When I played it on my comp it looked great. So I go to put it on a cd, go into nero, this time the standard compliance thing doesnt come up, I burn it and pop it in the dvd player . THe DVD player says "No Disc". I checked all my settings from TMPGEnc, and the only thing I changed was my resolution...bitrate and everything else stayed the same. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Rep
    THe DVD player says "No Disc". I checked all my settings from TMPGEnc, and the only thing I changed was my resolution...bitrate and everything else stayed the same. Any ideas?

Thanks
    The specs for the VCD might not have been compatible with your player. If you make the settings to far out for your DVD player it may not play. Instead of just changing the res you should also change the bitrate to around what it should be for a VCD if you kept it at what it was for a DVD it might be as high as 4000 and the audio might be 48000khz. Sometimes when I test samples if they aren't close to what the standard is for a VCD they will not play. It is usually because the movie had a weird res like 480x240. Your DVD player might just be rejecting the movie. The only time I get a no disc message is when I put in a blank CD. If the video won't play then the audio would play but the screen would be blank but instead your DVD may just say no disc. Every player is different.

As for lowering bitrate. If the movie is the standard legnth then it is save to set it around 900. If you have a movie that is around 100min then you might want to start lowering the audio quality the lowest you might want to go is 128. If the movie is long like around two and a half hours then put it on 2 CDs. Even though I sometimes use 99min CDs I still have my limits.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I used the guide to fit a divx movie onto a 80min (700mb) cd,when i had finish converting it to vcd it came to 757mb.
    I burned it using vcdeasy and it sead that it was 757mb too,i seen the tick box for over burning but didn't tick it ,and it worked. :o .
    Can you tell me why it can do this ?
    I also set the audio to 160kb/s and it sounds good,the movie was The Rocky Horror Picture Show and is 98.36 min long.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You can put an 800MB MPEG on an 80min CD. It is because you are burning in mode 2 so you could have made the sound quality as high as 224 or raised the bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  9. This Is My 1st Time Of Course And When I Got Up To The Project Wizard Of Using The Program TMPGEnc When I Got To the Last Step And Pressed "OK" to Convert it To An MPG File It Said....."An Error occurred when audio was decoded." I Hope You Know What I'm Talking About When I Described this. I've Saved the Project & Everything From DVD2AVI & Followed This Guide Step By Step & This Is The Part I Don't Get. I Hope Someone Can Find out The Reson Why It Does this. By The Way.....The Wav. Fil From the DVD2AVI That Came With The D2v. File Sound Perfect But I Just Can't Convert it to a MPG File.....
    Quote Quote  
  10. I followed all of steps exactly, except I started out with an AVI file. I ran the encoding and I ended up with a file about 700mb, however, I cannot view the video. I opoen it and it doesn't do anything. Are there any special steps I have to take when starting from AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have used this template 3 times on the movies fight club, legend of drunken master and the count of monte cristo; and all of these file are dvd rips that were converted to avi. When i burn the final product to a vcd and play it on my dvd player it looks and sounds fine but it keeps freezing and i have to press pause and play to get it started again, and once i get it started it plays but there is no sound so i have to press pause and play again to get it working normally. I have to do this numerous time throughout the movie. What could be causing this? I lower the audio quality to 192 to increase video bitrate and i burn the cd at 4x on an 80min cdr disk.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I tried it and burned a movie on one cd at 4x speed.
    I played the cd on my computer using PowerDVD and all seemed in order.
    I played the same cd on my dvd player and the picture is all scrambled(checkered looking). The sound seems O.K.
    My player has had no complaints playing other burned vcd in the past.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have known for quite some time that a dvd player can read non-standard vcd's made at bitrates other than 1150, and specifically lower then 1150 to reduce the file size so that it will fit on one cd. However, fastforwarding and rewinding through the cd does not work well at all, if you get away from the 1150 bitrate. Dos anyone know how to cure this? I am assuming that thereis no way to cure this (hence the non-standard setting for vcd)
    Quote Quote  
  14. geoffgeoff I had the same problem,try setting the bitrate to <900kbps.
    When you make a xvcd you trade off funtionality/quality for convenience.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I don't have a lot of experience with converting AVI. I think that if you want to convert them you whould use virtualdaub along with TMPGEnc. There is a good guide here for converting DIVX http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm

I use to have problems with fast forwarding and rewinding. This was when I was using downloaded templates that were preformated. After testing I eliminated many of the problems to make the MPEGs more compliant. The reason why the VCDs had FF and RW problems was because they were MPEG2 files instead of MPEG1. After making my own template using MPEG1 I never get video problems in my DVD player. Even if you set the bitrate low. You don't have to stop at 900 for your bitrate. I have fit movies over 2 hours on one CD. So I have recently gone to 800 and the quality was still great. I could not tell the difference. If you have an extra long movie then set the bitrate low. You can probably go to 600 if you want to.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a total newb at this and spent a few hours last night messing around with this and kwarg's templates.

Should I leave the aspect ratio the same way that it's set in the template?

The movie I want to encode is under 90 mins, should the audio be set at 128 only?

What kind of quality should I expect?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by eurowave
    I'm a total newb at this and spent a few hours last night messing around with this and kwarg's templates.

The movie I want to encode is under 90 mins, should the audio be set at 128 only?

The input aspect ratio in the template needs to be changed, depending on your source if it's 16:9 or 4:3, etc.

If your movie is under 90 minutes, you can increase the audio to 192Khz and the CQ to about 80. That should provide excelent quality.

kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by KT
    This Is My 1st Time Of Course And When I Got Up To The Project Wizard Of Using The Program TMPGEnc When I Got To the Last Step And Pressed "OK" to Convert it To An MPG File It Said....."An Error occurred when audio was decoded." I Hope You Know What I'm Talking About When I Described this. I've Saved the Project & Everything From DVD2AVI & Followed This Guide Step By Step & This Is The Part I Don't Get. I Hope Someone Can Find out The Reson Why It Does this. By The Way.....The Wav. File From the DVD2AVI That Came With The D2v. File Sound Perfect But I Just Can't Convert it to a MPG File.....

So Can Anybody Help Me?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by kwag
    Originally Posted by eurowave
    I'm a total newb at this and spent a few hours last night messing around with this and kwarg's templates.

The input aspect ratio in the template needs to be changed, depending on your source if it's 16:9 or 4:3, etc.

If your movie is under 90 minutes, you can increase the audio to 192Khz and the CQ to about 80. That should provide excelent quality.

kwag
    And if it's widescreen does that make a difference?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by eurowave
    And if it's widescreen does that make a difference?
    Hi eurowave:

Yes it will. If it is a full screen, your mpegs will be larger.
    There's more picture area displayed.

kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote  
  21. If you set both source and video stream to 16:9 you can remove some or all of the border from a wide screen movie. I personally don't like widescreen. If you want to keep it widescreen set both to 4:3.

The only time I ever got a sound error was when I decoded the audio in the wrong format(ac3). If you have a wav for your sound file it should have loaded properly.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by newgen
    The only time I ever got a sound error was when I decoded the audio in the wrong format(ac3). If you have a wav for your sound file it should have loaded properly.
    So Your Sayin' Thats My Problem???Cuz Mines Says Ac3 On It But When You Click On It....it Says Wav On it....How Would You Fix This?
    Quote Quote  
  23. DO you have the vfapi plugin installed if not download from TMPGEnc's website. Unzip it in the same folder as TMPG. double click on it and it will install. Once installed go to option---environmental settings---vfapi plug-in. Make sure everything is checked including wave file reader. Sorry I took so long to help you. You had me stumped. Hopefilly this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Its OK Newgen.....Your guide Is The Only Guide I Want To Learn From So I Don't Want To Start Over.....But I Started Over Anyways & This Time It Worked!!!!Thanks For You Support Though....I Appreciate It Newgen....
    Quote Quote  
  25. NEWGEN... Thank you for your guide. After a bit of messing around, I got my 99 min dvd to fit on a vcd. It's fantastic! The quality is beyond what I imagined possible to fit on a 80 min cd.

The main trouble I was having was that the DVD aspect ratio was anamorphic.

Well done!
    Quote Quote  
  26. when i follow all the directions and go to start encoding the source position just stays at zero and doesnt go up the bar goes up and the timer keeps on moving up, maybe it just takes awhile for it to start?
    Quote Quote  
  27. If you use 2 pass VBR then the movie won't start encode until after the filter is applied. It takes a little longer then using CBR but if you computer is fast enough then use it instead of CBR.
    Quote Quote  
  28. 2 pass VBR takes twice as long as single pass CBR, so if your file takes 1 hour in CBR it will take 2 hours in VBR mode with TMPGenc. Oh and the preview screen will be blank for the first half of the encode.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi:

I like your guide a lot but I have one problem. What if I don't need only language but also subtitles? How can I pass them to the MPEG movie?

THANKS A LOT
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hello,
    First Off I would just like to say greeeeaaaattt guide I spent ages trying to figure out how to burn a movie onto just one disc before reading the guide LOL :oops:
    Everything works a treat except I have a major problem with the sound being about 1 sec out of sync when I play the disc through my Dvd player.
    But when I play it through the computer the sound sync is fine.
    Any ideas as to how I can cure this problem??? I do use field B first like the guide said and everything is perfect apart from the sound which only occurs when I play it on my player.
    Thanx for all the replies and help.
    mark. :lol:
    Quote Quote