VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by pippas View Post
    User?- yes ....... Expert? - no!
    Compared to me, you are an Expert, although i did manage to convert some 4k to HQX and edit them
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by glenpinn View Post
    Originally Posted by dhnj View Post
    If you have any 2015 Camcorders as listed below HD Writer 5.2 is not in the Box. You have to download from the Link below and then
    Enter the 11-digit alpha-numeric code,located at the Battery holder of the High Definition Video Camera.
    Download Link:
    http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/soft/download/f_ae52.html
    2015 Models:
    HC-V760, HC-V770, HC-V770M, HC-V777, HC-VX870, HC-VX870M, VX878-HC, HC-W870M, HC-WX970, HC -WX970M og HC-WX979.

Cheers
    More rediculously stupid nonsense by Panasonic, i just don't get why they do this to their customers ?

but more to the point, can someone please explain to me what they use this software for precisely, and what software are you using to edit your videos with, you can't do that with HD Writer.
    I use VideoReDo, Power Director 13(Edit) & MultiAVCHD(Author)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by dhnj View Post
    So what are you using Video ReDo for, if you are editing with PD3 and authoring with MultiAVCHD

I do everything with Video ReDo Pro, but i never author videos to bluray, never had any client want their stuff on cisc, everyone jst wants their videos on a portable Hdd, so they can take it to anywhere they like, and plug it directly into a tv and watch them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by glenpinn View Post
    Originally Posted by dhnj View Post
    So what are you using Video ReDo for, if you are editing with PD3 and authoring with MultiAVCHD

I do everything with Video ReDo Pro, but i never author videos to bluray, never had any client want their stuff on cisc, everyone jst wants their videos on a portable Hdd, so they can take it to anywhere they like, and plug it directly into a tv and watch them.
    I use VideoReDo to edit without any fancy Titles & Transitions.
    I use Power Director to edit with Titles & Transitions.
    I use MultiAVCHD to Author 1080p/50 to AVCHD or Blu-ray extremely FAST!.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by dhnj View Post
    I use VideoReDo to edit without any fancy Titles & Transitions.
    The saddest thing about VRD for some people is the lack of Transitions, however, they have recently made a decision to introduce a Fade in/Fade out transition for those who want them.

I personally don't like fade in/fade out transitions in video where there is a change of scene, but i have developed my own 10 frame custom black transition using the title creation tool, and all i do is import that transition into the joiner list and place it between scene changes, then i create my title and credit.

It just gives me a very quick flash of black between scene changes, as you can see in this Car show video i made recently (first one appears at the at 3.10 minute mark of the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tehr05S1IM

Regarding Titles, VRD has a title creation tool, where you can create a Titles for the start of a video, a Credit to place at the end, and even place titles between individual video segments that you are joining together in the joiner list.

These Titles are only Graphical, either placed on blank backgrounds in any color you like, or you can import an image and place the title on that image and set the duration.

Unfortunately they do not do overlay Titles as you can do with other more advanced editing software, but thats no problem for me as i prefer using a matte black graphical frame with my titles typed on in whatever layout i like, or i take an image from a frame in the video and use that as my title.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I just came across this post. Please forgive me if this issue has already been addressed.
    I own a Panasonic HDC-TM15P video camera. I've had it for a number of years now. Sadly, I have lost/misplaced my Software disc. I used to have a Mac Pro with dual Intel processors. Now I am using a Mac Mini.

Will the downloads for HD Writer AE 1.0 work for my Mac/video camera?

Thank you!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by mdbar View Post
    Will the downloads for HD Writer AE 1.0 work for my Mac/video camera?
    No, sadly not. See HERE
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, Thanks pippas!!!! You saved me from a real headache!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I've found Panasonic's software restrictions very frustrating, to say the least. I tried AE5.1 with my HC-W870M but it didn't work. I joined up here in order to share this for anyone who needs it and is unable to download it. (You'll need a serial number if you follow the links to the Panasonic site.)

HD Writer AE5.2

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Shazam-O; 2nd Jul 2016 at 01:11.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Hello. Sorry to bother you all, I am having a problem and maybe you can help me. I have a Panasonic HDC Z-10000 (3D cam).
    The issue is that no matter in which format I record 3D AVCHD / 2D , when I want to transfer my files, all of them are only MTS.
    Untill a few days ago, the 3D videos were MT2S, and I don't know what the issue is. The 3D pictures are still ok, I can view them
    on my 3D LCD just fine.

Do you know what the issue might be and how can I fix it ? Is it maybe a settings problem from my camera ? Than you very much once again !
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    @ smiley91rzv.......Don't worry about it, MTS and M2TS are basically the same thing, so if you shoot video in AVCHD and move it to your PC, it should have an extension of .MTS (container) and in my case i can edit the files and smart render them, but my software will output the file wrapped in an M2TS container rather than MTS, so it basically remains exactly the same file as the one i shot with the camera, except that i have cut bits out, and maybe added a title.

Better still, if i want a more supported playback format (container) i can even choose to smart render it, but output the new file into an MP4 or MKV container rather than .M2TS, and still nothing changes, the file is not re-encoded (except a few frames around the cuts) again the software simply wraps the file in a different container.

You can find lots of info on the internet on this topic, just type in .MTS vs .M2TS and you should find some information.
    Last edited by derflapinn; 3rd Jul 2016 at 22:24.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi,

does anybody have any information about revsions ?
    What is new in revision x.x ?
    I contacted several departements of Panasonic but got no answer at all!!!
    I'm using HD AE-writer 3.0. with HDC SD99.
    I saw the downloadlink for 5.2 and I found hints about 5.3. does anybody have 5.3 ?

Best regards
    Riddi
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Riddi View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much information out there about what the exact differences between versions actually are. My comments from post#66 onwards in this thread (page 3 - see HERE ) describe how the newer versions (the 'AE' versions onwards) won't work with the earlier camcorders, but the differences afterwards seem to be less clear.
    Probably best to stick with the version that shipped with your camcorder. Most (all?) versions are listed above in this thread if you need another copy....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi
    Download Link for HD Writer AE5.3
    http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/soft/download/f_ae53.html
    If you own any of the 2016 model below
    HC-WXF990/VX981/WXF990/VX980/WXF990M/VXF990/VXF999/VX980M/VX989
    Enter the 11-digit alpha-numeric code,located at the Battery holder of the High Definition Video Camera.
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, this thread is a life saver. I clean installed Windows 10 a couple of months back and can't find my install disk for my HDC-SD90 camera (which is a worry, but that's another story). Found a downloads page on Panasonic's support web site but it wants a serial number off the camcorder in order to download. My camcorder is 5 years old and the serial number has worn off!
    Many thanks to glennpinn for his download links. It's up and running now!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by dhnj View Post
    Hi
    Download Link for HD Writer AE5.3
    http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/soft/download/f_ae53.html
    If you own any of the 2016 model below
    HC-WXF990/VX981/WXF990/VX980/WXF990M/VXF990/VXF999/VX980M/VX989
    Cheers
    Hi,
    thanks for your link - but I'm facing the same problem that my cam is too old - so I don't have the 11-digit code.
    I hoped that maybe Shazam-O might help.

Regards Riddi
    Last edited by Riddi; 20th Aug 2016 at 11:08.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by pippas View Post
    Originally Posted by Riddi View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much information out there about what the exact differences between versions actually are. My comments from post#66 onwards in this thread (page 3 - see HERE ) describe how the newer versions (the 'AE' versions onwards) won't work with the earlier camcorders, but the differences afterwards seem to be less clear.
    Probably best to stick with the version that shipped with your camcorder. Most (all?) versions are listed above in this thread if you need another copy....
    Hi,

Panasonic support said that all HD AE-Writer versions work with my HDC-SD99 !?!?

Kind regards
    Riddi
    Last edited by Riddi; 20th Aug 2016 at 11:18.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Riddi View Post

Panasonic support said that all HD AE-Writer versions work with my HDC-SD99 !?!?

Kind regards
    Riddi
    Makes sense - if you look at what I commented on, you will see that the problems with working with earlier models dates right back to 2009 and earlier.
    So, while all the 'AE' versions may well work with your HDC SD99, they won't work with the earlier HDC SD9, for example.

In any case, all HD Writer versions are only really 'starter' editing programs. For most people, the limitations soon make you want to move onto something more comprehensive and effective...
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by pippas View Post

Kind regards
    Riddi
    Makes sense - if you look at what I commented on, you will see that the problems with working with earlier models dates right back to 2009 and earlier.
    So, while all the 'AE' versions may well work with your HDC SD99, they won't work with the earlier HDC SD9, for example.

In any case, all HD Writer versions are only really 'starter' editing programs. For most people, the limitations soon make you want to move onto something more comprehensive and effective...

Hi,

yes I think the same - but nevertheless I think it is a shame that Panasonic is not able at all, to give any information about changes on revisions - and on the other side to request money for the software.
    It would be fine if somebody can give a rough overview on AE-writer.

regards
    Riddi
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    thanks for your link - but I'm facing the same problem that my cam is too old - so I don't have the 11-digit code.
    I hoped that maybe Shazam-O might help.

Regards Riddi
    Sorry, I've got the HC-W870M so I am only able to download 5.2. I tried my serial number in the 5.3 download page but no dice. Hopefully somebody will find this thread and add 5.3 to it. (Or maybe Panasonic will see the thread and get their head out of their ass.)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the original post that had all the links to the HD Writer software. I am on the hunt for the HD Writer LE 2.1. I used the link provided and downloaded the software, but when I go to install it the install never completes. I suspect that the issue is I have a 64bit ver of Windows 10 and this software may not be compatible. Does anyone have any other links to this software (LE 2.1) or had similar issues? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thunderslag View Post
    Thanks for the original post that had all the links to the HD Writer software. I am on the hunt for the HD Writer LE 2.1. I used the link provided and downloaded the software, but when I go to install it the install never completes. I suspect that the issue is I have a 64bit ver of Windows 10 and this software may not be compatible. Does anyone have any other links to this software (LE 2.1) or had similar issues? Any help would be appreciated.
    Have you tried using the windows compatibility mode setting ??
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes I have, no luck.
    I have tried to run in administrator mode. I have also tried to run in compatibility mode. No luck with either.
    I get as far as the screenshot shows with the attachment.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	794
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	39998  

Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thunderslag View Post
    yes I have, no luck.
    I have tried to run in administrator mode. I have also tried to run in compatibility mode. No luck with either.
    I get as far as the screenshot shows with the attachment.
    Are you wanting to burn dvds & such if so use imgburn
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hi i have downloaded hd writer 1.0 but i get an error when i try to run the exe file!
    Quote Quote  
  26. All,

Firstly thank you for providing the software updates and the little hints and tips

I have a Panasonic HS60 camcorder and no matter what i did or the software i installed on Win10 64Bit Pro i could not access the Cam HDD and therefore, thought i had lost the videos forever.

Anyway i got to the end of my tether and was ready to give up when i thought about my WD MyCloud NAS server that i have sitting in the kitchen - this has an USB port.

I plugged the USB into the MyCloud and looked at the management console and mounted the drive and then went to the windows drive and there were all of the panasonic camcorder recordings going back 8 years. I dragged all of the content (65gb) onto my desktop and downloaded Megacodec and they all played with no issues whatsoever.

I am sure this will work with other external storage solutions - basically do anything to load from an external source and not via windows 10. I will now find some other basic editing software to tweak.

Whilst this might not be the solution you are all looking for it might just help someone else in the future - i think i will stick to iPhone movies from this point on wards.

Thanks
    Ickle
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Panasonic.PNG
Views:	314
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	44333  

Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just downloaded my copy of this and thought someone might find this useful if i uploaded it what with Panasonic not letting you download without a serial number and all the problems with serial numbers wearing off etc...

HDWriterAE v5.4
    Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ianwoody123 View Post
    Are you looking to copy files off the internal memory of the camcorder or the sdhc card? I have a TM700 and the version of hd writer that came with mine is AE2.1. However when I try to install it on my new laptop it says it will not work with the SP of my operating system - Windows 7 Home Premium. It is possible to copy the files on the camcorder to sdhc card using the camcorder itself and then you would be able to download them off the card using windows explorer. I video to the card and then just copy the files to the laptop using the card reader. Hope this may be of some help. I have since ignored the warning it may not work and installed it anyway. So far it seems to be working ok. For many years I have used Corel Video Studio and have found it very good to use with many features.
    yeah that's a solution too
    Torrent TurboTax Gogoanime
    Last edited by mosael; 1st Nov 2018 at 09:29.
    Quote Quote