VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 157
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    in 5.1 my file no upload (Mts)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Asif Kamran View Post
    in 5.1 my file no upload (Mts)
    I cant predict what your problem is, and i don't use this software myself because i think its pretty useless.

    Anyway, here is the link for Panasonic HD Writer 2.6 you can try.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d1k42ku72odfx6/Panasonic%20HD%20Writer%20%282.6%29.7z?dl=0

    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    i install ,5.1,3.0 and 2.6,when i add file in these software found erer file could not match,my camera make file mts formt.
    Quote Quote  
  4. As you say in your earlier posts, you need HD Writer AE 2.5S for your camcorder. It may well be that the 'S' suffix is important, and that other versions won't work....

    You may need to contact Panasonic to check that out...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by pippas View Post
    As you say in your earlier posts, you need HD Writer AE 2.5S for your camcorder. It may well be that the 'S' suffix is important, and that other versions won't work....

    You may need to contact Panasonic to check that out...
    The HD Writer software is shipped with cameras that shoot video in AVCHD format in the MTS container, and the older the camera is, the older the version of HD Writer you get included with the camera.

    I believe that other people who had an earlier version included with their camera have no problems using the newer versions, and after all, the camera format never changed, it is just the HD Writer that is updated.

    I have read a lot of stories about this software having glitches or problems, and end up using something else, some just use this software to get the files from the card onto their computers.

    My SDT750 cameras shipped with version 2.6T but my AVCHD (MTS) videos work fine with 3.0 and 5.0 that i also have, however i do not actually use that software myself, i just tested it out to see if it was ok with my camera files.

    So, this guys camera files should work with the newer versions, and maybe he has another issue somewhere that is borking his HD Writer, maybe it us a user error, i don't know, but the new versions should be working with his camera files.
    Last edited by glenpinn; 7th Mar 2015 at 17:54.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well my HDC SD5 shipped with version 2.0E, which had a major problem with audio. I managed to locate a copy of version 2.5E, which worked fine (or at least as fine as HD Writer ever does!).

    Subsequent version (AE 1.0 onwards) do not work with the footage from my camera. As Panasonic had announced that the newer versions wouldn't work with the earlier cameras, that was no surprise of course.
    So it's not entirely true that newer version work with all the older cameras. Whether that applies in this case, I wouldn't know....
    Quote Quote  
  7. I am astounded by this news, why would the makers of that software make specific versions that will only work with specific cameras, it absolutely defies all logic, and as far as i am concerned, having had the SD700, SD900 (australian versions of the famous TM700 & TM900 models) as well as my SDT700 and an x900, all worked with any version of the HD Writer, because all of them shot video in AVCHD (h264) in an MTS container, so i am stunned that people are needing to get the exact version of HD Writer that shipped with their specific camera.

    I will email Panasonic here in Australia and ask them what the go it, because like i said, it just defies any reasonable logic.

    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by glenpinn View Post
    having had the SD700, SD900 (australian versions of the famous TM700 & TM900 models) as well as my SDT700 and an x900, all worked with any version of the HD Writer, because all of them shot video in AVCHD (h264) in an MTS container....
    IIRC, the change in compatibility came quite early. The SD1 SD5, SD7 and SD9 -- and the comparable models with onboard memory - used the pre 'AE' versions of HD writer . They too recorded as AVCHD, but with different parameters.

    From around the beginning of 2009, the 'AE' version of HD Writer stared to appear, with extra features that the earlier versions did not include (like partial clip cropping). The cameras released after that time used a different format of AVCHD, and it could well be that all the 'AE' versions of HD Writer work with all cameras since that time?....

    But AVCHD footage from the earlier cameras won't work with the later 'AE' versions of HD Writer

    The onwers manual for the HDC MDH1 shows that it ships with version AE 2.5S , so at least it is an 'AE' version!
    But that camcorder is a 'pro' style shoulder mounted camera (albeit only a reasonably cheap 'training' type camcorder), and it only records with a maximum of 17mbps in the HA format. So it could be that the AE2.5S version is 'special' to that camcorder?.

    As I mentioned my earlier post, the OP may need to contact Panasonic to check that out....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well 2.6, 3.0 and 5.1 all worked for all 4 model cameras that i owned, all those were produced from 2009 onwards.

    I still don't see why anyone uses that stupid software anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by glenpinn View Post
    Well 2.6, 3.0 and 5.1 all worked for all 4 model cameras that i owned, all those were produced from 2009 onwards.

    I still don't see why anyone uses that stupid software anyway.
    Sorry, I obviously haven't explained very well..... the versions after 2.5E (and that includes 2.6, 3.0 and 5.1) are from the 'AE' series.
    Footage from the earlier cameras (the ones I mentioned in my post... there maybe other models as well) won't work with any of the 'AE' versions of HD Writer.
    The 'changeover' period was around late 2008 - early 2009, so it won't affect many folk these days.

    I agree.. it's pretty much a waste of time trying to do anything useful with HD Writer... but the poster did ask for the link to a specific version (AE 2.5S) , and all I'm saying is that it might just be that he really does need that particular version.....
    As you can see, Panasonic are not that fussy about making everything compatible...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Another reason for why i never used this stupid software, and if what you say is correct, and i have no doubt that you are, that just adds more ammo to my argument.

    I still don't know why the OP needs the software for, cannot he use something else ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    helo glenpinn, when i upload file in hd writer 5.1 ,found errer ,remove tv system import file
    Quote Quote  
  13. Sorry Asif, i am not able to help you as i dont have the same files that you are attempting to use, and i do not use that software myself.

    Cheers, and good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Anyone know a way to fool HD Writer into editing any HD file from any source, mts, m2ts, mkv??

    glenpinn - I'm looking for an HD editor, not Vegas or Movie Studio, something less huge that is a smart editor, I'm trying SolveigMM Splitter and it's ok but it can't add simple title or do dissolves, I guess no smart editor does dissolves or fades, I guess I can live with cuts only but can VideoRedo do titles??
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by tyee View Post
    Anyone know a way to fool HD Writer into editing any HD file from any source, mts, m2ts, mkv??

    glenpinn - I'm looking for an HD editor, not Vegas or Movie Studio, something less huge that is a smart editor, I'm trying SolveigMM Splitter and it's ok but it can't add simple title or do dissolves, I guess no smart editor does dissolves or fades, I guess I can live with cuts only but can VideoRedo do titles??
    Yes VideoRedo has its new smart cutting tool (frame accurate) and its new Smart Render tool, unfortunately it still does not have transitions of any kind, including fades, however a fade into and out of black is on their shopping list of new features in the future, but they do have a wonderful Title editor which i think is the best out there, however it only creates titles and credits as an image file that gets rendered into the start or end of the video, as yet they do not do transparent/overlay titles that can be added to the actual video frames, but i prefer it the other way anyway.

    For $100 you will not get a better software, especially the Smart Rendering and Smart Cutting tool, but it does not have all the features of the much more expensive programs, but for what it does do, its brilliant.

    These are links to my 2 youtube channels where you can see my Videos all done with VRD, output to 720/50p mp4 to upload into youtube.

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXNhU01FBzOZYWqHCblQNQA
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpsU379cBKjdn_VCJIaZ-5w
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by tyee View Post
    Anyone know a way to fool HD Writer into editing any HD file from any source, mts, m2ts, mkv??
    .....I'm looking for an HD editor, not Vegas or Movie Studio, something less huge.......
    I don't think you can get HD Writer to accept anything other than the original files from a Panasonic camcorder.
    And - as this thread has discussed - even then it can depend on which version, for which model. It's also very limited in what it can do, editing wise.

    When you say you're looking for an editor that's 'less huge', do you mean price wise or complexity?....It's possible to use free software only consisting of small programs to do all the things you need, but there can be a little bit of a 'learning curve' at the beginning... The programs are not always very user friendly for a beginner!

    THIS SHORT CLIP (it's only about a minute) was shot using my Panasonic HDC-SD5, and includes titles, dissolves, transitions and fades - as well as rotating, cropping and timed 'slo-mo'.. All done with freeware.... (even the webpage and embedded HTML5 player use freeware!)

    Video editing freeware can produce results on a par with virtually any paid software, but you may have to to spend a bit of time at the start, learning how some of the 'quirky' free programs work.

    Depends on what you are hoping to achieve?....
    Last edited by pippas; 29th Mar 2015 at 12:51.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=pippas;2382492]
    Originally Posted by tyee View Post
    I don't think you can get HD Writer to accept anything other than the original files from a Panasonic camcorder.
    Thats correct! But I learned from this tread that importing from HD Writer gives att better result. After importing the footage I goto Sony Vegas Pro 13 and start editing. Then I export in Xavc the edited film to my harddisk. I can then decide to upload it in any format to Youtube or Vimeo.
    /Bosse
    Last edited by Bosse_A; 29th Mar 2015 at 04:15. Reason: misspelling
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Bosse_A View Post
    Tats correct! But I learned from this tread that importing from HD Writer gives att better result. After importing I goto Sony Vegas Pro 13 and start editing. Then I export in Xavc the edited film to my harddisk. I can then decide to upload it in any format to Youtube or Vimeo.
    /Bosse
    when you say that you learned from this thread that using the HD Writer software gives a better result, what exactly do you mean by "gives you a better result"

    What are you actually using the HD Writer for, because i cannot work out how anyone can seriously use that program, especially if you have a camera that requires a specific version of HD Writer to work with the files captured with that camera.

    I know some people use the software to get their files off the camera, but why, if you have an SDXC or similar type of card, you just take it out of the camera, put it into a card reader and copy the files from that onto your Hdd using windows explorer.

    Then you take them into your editing software to process.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by glenpinn View Post
    when you say that you learned from this thread that using the HD Writer software gives a better result, what exactly do you mean by "gives you a better result"
    If you read erlier posts in this thread from https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/349814-Panasonic-HD-Writer-software-no-download-Any...=1#post2292110 onvards you will understand what I meant.
    Regards, Bosse
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Bosse_A View Post
    If you read erlier posts in this thread from https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/349814-Panasonic-HD-Writer-software-no-download-Any...=1#post2292110 onvards you will understand what I meant.
    Regards, Bosse
    nope, i want you to tell me exactly what you meant in your own words, because i cannot make any sense of most of what has been written in previous posts.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by glenpinn View Post
    i cannot make any sense of most of what has been written in previous posts.
    Then I think you are better of to not read this thread because I can not explain it any better.
    Quote Quote  
  22. The 'better' result thing may be referring to the problems that can be encountered when trying to join files captured straight from the SD card as .mts files.
    If the footage is imported as .m2ts files via HD Writer, then the whole file structure is maintained, and the metadata is kept intact.
    This can help with the problem which some folk report of 'missing' audio frames around the 'junction' of two .mts files.

    There have been many posts on forums about this over the years ( there is a typical post on the subject from a few years back HERE for example.).

    I can't think of any other reason for suggesting that HD Writer is 'better' at transferring the footage? Apart from the 'missing' metadata, everything else should be at the original quality...
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    This is from post 37


    The glitches are usually nothing major, just some little encoding-error type things where a part of the image isn't updated properly or moves somehow unexpectedly, most often at the start of a clip. Often I didn't notice anything was wrong until I had already cleared the memory card. Showed up in VLC and through avisynth/ffvideosource as well (they probably use the same h.264 code I suppose).

    Then, the last time it happened, I tried exporting the video through HD Writer and the glitches weren't there. But it could be that I also did some rough editing while at it, so perhaps HD Writer did perform some degree of transcoding and did not just make a pure copy. I haven't used the camcorder recently so this is not in fresh memory, but I'll look into it when I have a moment.

    I had glitches on a few occasion earlier, but I have never noticed glitches ever since I started to download the files via HD Writer. I do not edit in HD Writer. For editing I use Sony Vegas Pro 13.
    Quote Quote  
  24. ...... so perhaps HD Writer did perform some degree of transcoding and did not just make a pure copy.......
    No 'transcoding' of the video files... but importing through HD writer should keep the metadata intact...

    ...I had glitches on a few occasion earlier, but I have never noticed glitches ever since I started to download the files via HD Writer....
    If those glitches were as a result of 'missing' metadata, this makes sense...
    Quote Quote  
  25. @pippas
    What freeware does transitions/fades. That's usually all I do and maybe titles. I played around with AVIUTL from this site and it's pretty nice for freeware, what do you suggest? AVSPmod is nice too, I could start to really learn that. SolveigMM video splitter does smart rendering of the cut edit points only which is great but has no fades/transitions/titles.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by tyee View Post
    @pippas
    What freeware does transitions/fades.
    As described in the titles in my video clip i linked to in post#76, I use AVISynth scripts and Virtualdub for my transitions (dissolves) and fades. I use AVSPmod as well, to check and edit the scripts.

    I prefer to use intraframe intermediate files, rather than trying to edit the long GOP format of my original .mts files with any 'smart rendering' tools.
    I convert my .mts or .m2ts original files to Grass Valley HQX using their free HQX codec and converter utility. Those converted files are pretty big of course, but excellent quality, and only temporary. They seem work well in the AVISynth and Virtualdub environment, and are much easier to edit than the original long GOP files. And of course with frame accuracy.

    I open and run the AViSynth scripts in Virtualdub, and export using the vfw x.264 codec. I can then delete the large intermediate 'working' files, if I wish. Works well for me....
    Quote Quote  
  27. @pippas
    I tried registering at Grass Valley in order to download the HQX codec and I can't seem to find it in the downloads area. There is only "Grass Valley Codec Pack (v7.31.2939) for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit)" and the "AVCHD File Conversion Utility" amongst others. How do I get it?

    The "AVCHD File Conversion Utility" requires that EDIUS v3.0 or later, EDIUS Neo v1.0 or later, or a FIRECODER Blu + FIRECODER Writer software be installed on the same system!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by tyee View Post
    @pippas
    I tried registering at Grass Valley in order to download the HQX codec and I can't seem to find it in the downloads area. There is only "Grass Valley Codec Pack (v7.31.2939) for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit)" and the "AVCHD File Conversion Utility" amongst others. How do I get it?
    The codec pack v.7.31.2929 contains the HQX codec, along with other Grass Valley codes including Canopus lossless and the original HQ codec. Its's installed as a Grass Valley codec pack.

    The AVCHD2HQ File conversion utility is very useful tool. It allows for a whole multitude of variables to be added to the video conversion selected, if required, although some functions are dependent on whether or not Edius is installed.

    Having Edius installed is not mandatory - at least not to use the conversion utility to convert AVCHD files to HQX, which is the purpose here. As I say, some of the other functions will depend on Edius.

    IIRC, it was best to install the converter first and then the codec pack. As most of the Grass Valley (Canopus) codecs are vfw compaitble, they will appear listed in Virtualdub, which can be useful as well...
    Last edited by pippas; 8th Apr 2015 at 04:26. Reason: Correction of Edius requirements..
    Quote Quote  
  29. This codec pack won't screw up my Directshow settings will it?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by tyee View Post
    This codec pack won't screw up my Directshow settings will it?
    I can't answer that I'm afraid. As far as I'm aware it simply consists of a selection of high quality codecs directly from Grass Valley, a highly respected professional video company. (Used to be known as Canopus of course).

    I'm not expert enough to comment on how it might - or might not - affect your 'Directshow settings'. I've certainly had no problems myself...
    There are some very expert video folk on this forum. Some of them might be able to offer advice on this question.........
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads