VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a MP4 video file in which video and audio aren't in sync. The video is 1280 x 720/25 fps and audio is 44,1 KHz. The audio is healthy and seems to "travel" faster so that there seems to be too much video frames but so few that video also seems to be healthy. By sync tests I've found out that there's approximately 36 s video per 34 s audio (896 video frames per 853 audio frames to be more precise) so there's approximately 1,4 video frames per second too much.

This doesn't follow any logical recording/conversion/playback error that I'm familiar with (30 fps played back 25 fps or 25 fps played back 24 fps). Do you have any ideas on what might have happened and how I could fix the video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hip, No I am not sure what the problem is caused from but I know many people have this problem. I have been able to fix most of mine by separating into individual audio and video files and then recombining with Virtualdub with '...make audio and vdeo same length...' checked under it 's video tab. Virtualdub does take a little work to install and only saves as AVI format however. There are many other solutions here in videohelp if you search for audio sync on this site.
    Thanks
    Budman1
    Quote Quote