VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know it has video because the flv player online has video. When captured, though, every player and conversion software acts as if it has no video. I think the problem might be that the first second or so had no video data in the online flv player, so I'm guessing there's some corrupted video data that's ignored by the swf player but fubars media players.

All the flv fix software I find online is only related to fixing metadata, which isn't the problem here. Anybody know of anything to find corrupted video tags and either fix them or remove them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You seem to have left out vital information.

What is 'it'?
    What is being captured?
    Where is being captured from?
    How is it being captured?
    Does the file size make sense?

If you want help a bit of clarity about the problem is needed and you have not even given a clue as to your operating system or machine.

Ethelred Hardrede
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Ethlred View Post
    You seem to have left out vital information.

What is 'it'?
    What is being captured?
    Where is being captured from?
    How is it being captured?
    Does the file size make sense?

If you want help a bit of clarity about the problem is needed and you have not even given a clue as to your operating system or machine.

Ethelred Hardrede
    A streaming flv video, captured two different ways (Internet Download Manager and WM Recorder via Loopback).

The filesize makes sense, as it's 142 mb for about an hour's worth of video at a 320x240 resolution. If I try to remux using ffmpeg and simply copy the video and audio streams, only the audio stream is detected, and the resultant file is an flv around 30 mb with only an audio stream.

I was a bit light on the details because, as I said in the first post, I've narrowed down the problem to the first video tag blocks in the flv being corrupted. I believe this makes players/encoders assume there's no video, even though there are uncorrupted video tag blocks after the first corrupted ones.

The problem is all the flv tools I find only deal with metadata, which isn't the problem here. I was wondering if anyone knew of a tool that actually analyzed the video. I've used a couple of checking tools called Adobe FLV Check and FLV Meta, which both recognize correctly that the error occurs in the video tag, not the metadata. However, they don't have any actual error correction.

Windows 7x64
    I've tried playing the files using LAV Filters 0.51.3 and Media Player Classic 1.6.3, and using VLC 2.0.2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you have looked at the file with a hex editor. You might try grabbing a similar section of header from another flv and patch it over the corrupted area. I did that once and it worked for the file I was dealing with.

Of course if most of the file is the same hex code then you don't have any video. I have seen that as well.

Have you tried using mediainfo on the file?

Ethelred Hardrede
    Quote Quote