VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Any chance there's a 64-Bit version of SVCD2DVD out there?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Would like to know the same. SVCD2DVD keeps crashing, not loading assets, ffmpeg not working error and so on. Would have been annoying if it were free but paid for? I seem to spend more time trying to get it work, which it does occasionally, than I do anything else on this computer.

I don't think the program has been updated since 2009? Maybe time for a little attention?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm guessing that since this wasn't answered in Sept. 2012 that the answer is "No". 64 bits won't magically fix the issues kronos88 asks about.

kronos88 - Try sending a private message to ChrissyBoy as he's the author. He sometimes posts here, but as I don't use SVCD2DVD I can't speak to how often he actually reads the forums here any more. His program is pretty old and if it hasn't been updated since 2009 I wouldn't count on it being updated again. As technology progresses the older programs like SVCD2DVD and VCDEasy get fewer and fewer paying users interested in dealing with those old formats. The VCDEasy author stopped doing updates maybe 4 or more years ago and his program won't work in anything after XP. SVCD2DVD may have similar issues and if you are trying to run it on Win 8 or Win 8.1, it may not be compatible. But send him a message and see what he says about your problems.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for that. I thought I would probably be flogging a dead horse. However if the guy is not updating the software...and four years is a bit of a gap? I think he should perhaps stop expecting people to pay good money for it? Like I say, if it were free it would be annoying but I have now wasted money on something that doesn't work

Any alternative suggestions, free or paid doesn't matter as long as it works and is being supported?

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    VCDEasy, which is from the same time frame, was last updated in 2005 - it's even worse than I realized. The author last updated his website in 2012, but people can still get an older freeware version and the last release paid version. His website still says "Updates are free" but after over 8 years, I think updates are done. I think ChrissyBoy does more or less support SVCD2DVD still, but you have to contact him directly to get real help.

Perhaps you can describe what your needs are and we can let you know if an alternative can meet them. You're in the UK and not some developing country - do you really need something to work with SVCD format, which is just about dead? If you really just need some kind of "any to DVD" format converter rather than SVCD specific help (I know that SVCD2DVD can do "any to DVD" converting within limits, but it was originally built specifically to convert SVCD to DVD), let us know. There are tools for that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks again for your reply. Yeah as you guessed, I don't need to convert anything to SVCD format just DVD. I do have DvdFab which is great for copying a dvd or blu ray and it can convert avi to dvd but it doesn't reduce the size of the video to DVD5. There is a convoluted way of doing it by creating an ISO file and then using that to basically "rip ro dvd". It works it just takes twice as long.

What I need really is an all in one program that will convert a file to dvd and shrink it to the correct size. Not sure if anything like that exists though?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have a vague recollection of trying avstodvd before. Does it do the whole job seamlessly? e.g load the source hit the button and go!?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Forget that. I already had it installed. just giving it a try now.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Just make sure to use an updated AVStoDVD release (link in signature).

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  11. I tried the version I had installed but it failed right near the end, twice so I gave up. It was version 2.7.2
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by kronos88 View Post
    I tried the version I had installed but it failed right near the end, twice so I gave up. It was version 2.7.2
    Before giving up at all, post here the project log file, we may undestand what's wrong and help you, if you want.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'll run it again and then post the details, you never know, third time lucky!
    Quote Quote