VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    IVE SEEN THESE 2>>>Roxio Game Capture HD PRO...Elgato Hd . which one of these is the best buy. are give me your opition on other hd devices thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh come on. This was ansered in the other topic. And to remind you both capture non-encrypted hdmi ONLY.

The question you should be asking, if you understood the reply, was if your box carried an encrypted signal(HDCP) from the hdmi port.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only reason I can see for choosing the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro over the Elgato Game Capture HD is the lower price.

The Roxio Game Capture HD Pro provides a pass-through for only component video input. If you want to capture from component video on your satellite box to avoid dealing with HDCP, you can watch on your TV using the TVs component video connection. However, it has no pass-through for HDMI input, so using it for HDMI capture will require using a powered HDMI splitter to connect the TV. Like the Elgato Game Capture HD, Roxio Game Capture HD Pro won't capture HDCP protected HDMI input. If your satellite box has HDCP protected output (which it probably does) you will need to find something to strip HDCP to capture using HDMI. It appears to capture up to 1080p30, but I don't know if the quality of its captures is as good as the Elgato Game Capture HD.

[Edit]It turns out that the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro does have an HDMI pass-through as well as a component video pass-through after all. I found a YouTube video which made that clear. It was unclear to me earlier because only one HDMI port was visible in the pictures for the device at both Amazon and the manufacturer's website, and the technical specs listed in both places were also a bit sketchy.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Sep 2012 at 09:48. Reason: add correction
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use a Hauppauge HD-PVR it has component video pass through that i use to record from my PS3 (used it for my Humax sat box too). Since it's an older model it can be picked for reasonable prices, mine cost £75 used from eBay.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the advice lads
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AverTV HD DVR (C027) record all protected source in HDMI (PS3 included).

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    AverTV HD DVR (C027) record all protected source in HDMI (PS3 included).

Claudio
    It will only record HDCP protected HDMI when using some specially hacked software. ...or when using a driver exploit that requires the original drivers, which the manufacturer no longer offers. It won't record HDCP protected content under normal circumstances.

The OP has another similar thread where he explained he is looking for a solution that can record 1080p output from his satellite receiver/DVR. The AVerMedia DarkCrystal HD Capture Pro (C027) came up in the other thread, but it does not seem to meet his needs. (The AverTV HD DVR (C027) is the same device.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=usually_quiet;2190409][QUOTE=Cauptain;2190391
    It will only record HDCP protected HDMI when using some specially hacked software. ...or when using a driver exploit that requires the original drivers, which the manufacturer no longer offers. It won't record HDCP protected content under normal circumstances.

The OP has another similar thread where he explained he is looking for a solution that can record 1080p output from his satellite receiver/DVR. The AVerMedia DarkCrystal HD Capture Pro (C027) came up in the other thread, but it does not seem to meet his needs. (The AverTV HD DVR (C027) is the same device.)[/QUOTE]

I agree, but get other card to record in 1080p@30fps?? No.

C027 card play & record in 1080i, using Aver media Center,but play and record 1080p@60fps in AmarecTV (plugin mode).

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

The OP has another similar thread where he explained he is looking for a solution that can record 1080p output from his satellite receiver/DVR. The AVerMedia DarkCrystal HD Capture Pro (C027) came up in the other thread, but it does not seem to meet his needs. (The AverTV HD DVR (C027) is the same device.)
    I agree, but get other card to record in 1080p@30fps?? No.

C027 card play & record in 1080i, using Aver media Center,but play and record 1080p@60fps in AmarecTV (plugin mode).

Claudio
    [Edit] The C027 only accepts up to 1080i60 input. As I recall, producing a 1080p@60fps recording with AmarecTV using the C027, requires AmaRecTV to deinterlace the 1080i60 video delivered by the capture card and record the result, which is not the same thing as true 1080p60 recording. [End Edit]

The OP showed no interest in internal capture cards. He seems to only be interested in capture devices with a USB 2.0 interface that perform hardware encoding. I do not know why. It looks like he has a desktop with a i5 2500K CPU and could install an internal capture device.

I guess none of this really matters to the OP now. He said in the other thread that his satellite box doesn't use HDCP and he plans to buy an Elgato Game Capture HD. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/349398-dazzle-record-from-tv?p=2189969&viewfull=1#post2189969
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 1st Oct 2012 at 14:14.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just like to say i got the elgato capture hd card.. it connects to my sub box which has no HDCP protection.. records great in 720p 1080i. and theres no lag on the audio.. the box is a blade 7000 hd . i can record any thing i like from sky tv
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How can you possibly record 'anything I like from Sky Tv'.

This box is FTA - Free To Air. There is no provision for a Sky card. So you are picking up FTA channels on the satellite and not those encrypted by Sky.

But do tell me if I am wrong and list those subscription channels from Sky - not other broadcasters - you can receive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you buy a hdmi sub box which is the blade 7000 hd..have you heard of card sharing...you buy a card reader put the card in to reader from the sky box gain all the info then program blade 7000 box with all the card details then connect it to the internet then you have all the channels with out the hdcp copy right
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have heard of card-sharing. And discussion of this is possibly against the forum's rules.

The bottom line is that you are not recording HD channels by standard/legal methods.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    true but it still does the job
    Quote Quote