VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.
    Whether there is a possibility to change the Blu-Ray Player Sony bdp-sx1000 region on free or others?
    It is bought in the USA.
    NTSC standard.
    Blu-ray: Region A
    DVD: Region 1

Need region 5 and C or ALL free.

Tnx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not bloody likely.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why? Really it can't be hacked?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the unit can be hardware modified, but not by a consumer. rip and copy your discs to make them region free, not the player.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for answers.
    But the fact of the matter is that disks are rewritten by means of DVD Shrink 3.2. With parameters free region.
    But the player doesn't define a disk.
    There is still a nuance, my records in PAL system, and a player in NTHC system.
    But it seems to me that thus the disk should be loaded by a player, but it doesn't occur. Thus in PAL system the player plays the same record on USB flash card 64Gb.
    It is formatted in NTFS system. And no problems in reproduction of PAL records are present.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    region free has nothing to do with the tv system of the player. ntsc is 720x480 24/30fps @60htz and pal is 720x576 25fps @50htz. some players can only handle one, some both. if you wanted one that could play both you should have done the research about it before buying it.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  7. I don't complain of TV system. I knew that bought. Also knew that Blu-ray: Region A, DVD: Region 1.
    But to me it is not clear why the disks which have been written down through the computer with parameter aren't perceived region FREE.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dverb View Post
    I don't complain of TV system. I knew that bought. Also knew that Blu-ray: Region A, DVD: Region 1.
    But to me it is not clear why the disks which have been written down through the computer with parameter aren't perceived region FREE.
    One more time....you are confusing regions and video format(PAL and NTSC).
    A PAL DVD copied with something like DVDFabDecrypter or the OLD DVDShrink will still be PAL video format, but without a region code.
    PAL/NTSC and Region Codes have NOTHING to do with each other.

If you look hard enough in the DVDShrink menu options....you can actually create a DVD copy with any region code you want....that still WILL NOT change the DVD's video format(PAL or NTSC).
    Quote Quote  
  9. I welcome. I also made it. Rewrote a disk through DVDShrink, having made "Region Free". But in my opinion to opinion even if in PAL system the player it should see a disk (can be not to reproduce, but to read!), and the player can't read in general a disk and writes "not a known disk".
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    But in my opinion to opinion even if in PAL system the player it should see a disk
    No it shouldn't. It's a PAL video format disc.
    It is bought in the USA.
    NTSC standard.
    Quote Quote