VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Dear helpful people,

I'm working on a DVD menu in DVD Architect Pro 5.2 that needs to be in two languages (English and Faroese).

I would like to know if someone is familiar with making a DVD menu where you can choose the language on the first menu "Welcome menu" but link (use) the same videos on both sides (English and Faroese sides) of the menus?

I don't have space on the DVD to insert the same videos twice so both menus need to share the same assets.

Is this possible using DVD Architect Pro?

Much appreciated,
    David a.k.a. Neutral42
    Quote Quote  
  2. One way would be to use submenus (the main menu has links to a separate English menu, and separate Faroese menu)

Another way would be to have mixed language menu , split in half (the text and graphics and backround image if it's a static menu are created in something like photoshop, like a psd, png) and maybe the 1 set of buttons down the middle (so both languages actually use the same buttons)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the reply poisondeathray,

If I were to go with the first option (separate English menu and separate Faroese menu by submenus), is there a way to use/link the same video files in both submenus?

Much appreciated,
    Neutral42
    Quote Quote  
  4. yes,
    but be carefull, people use remote control to go back to menus from movie, you have to set root menu and title menu properly, example, you go to movie from Faroese menu, and later on user will jump back to menu, watch out, so he will not end up in English Menu ......how to do it exactly in DVD Architect I do not know at the moment, look into it
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't have space on the DVD to insert the same videos twice so both menus need to share the same assets.
    Never used DVD Archict Studio but just wanted to mention that normally you don't insert video twice. You create titlesets with one or more titles. Each title would consist of the video, one or more audio tracks and possibly one or more subtitle and you use the menus to select the audio/subtitle you want with the video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you all for taking time to advice me on this.

Videobruger, the titleset is the answer. If I insert a playlist in a submenu after inserting a video I can choose previously inserted videos by titles.

Respect,
    Neutral42
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good, it seems you found a solution.

I just wanted to mention that you can set different audio/subtitle within scene/chapter links properties (top right of the screen in media properties). So you could have two of the same scene/chapter menus and just change the linked audio/subtitle in one of them.
    Quote Quote