VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys need a little help here.

I was on vacation shooting footage with a Kodak Ze1 playfull Camera. I have a 32 gig SD card in there and offloaded footage each day.

The camera itself records mp4 files, Halfway through the first day I went to play back a file on the camera and said the file format was unrecognized. I off loaded the footage and noticed the "corrupted" Files began after I unplugged the camera from charging that morning.

The camera itself was recording video with no problems, and never once gave me an error message, except when I tried to play them back.

Once I got the footage to my computer (mac 10.6.8) I tried to view a bad file and quicktime said its not a movie file. So I tired a bunch of programs to covert the file. FCP, iMovie, MPEG stream clip, VlC, some random programs and none could read or convert the files.

The file themselves still hold there weight, a 2 minute video (should be 1920x1080 h264 .mp4) is around 400 mbs so i know the video info and data is there but it wont play. I googled all the "MP4 file repair" programs and none have worked.

I decided to give the video a hex edit look, and the corrupt files are all 0's, which iI dont understand since they are MBs in size not KBs.

I tried to add heads from a good video to the bad video but it tells me the public atoms are not present.

Does anyone out there have experience with the HEX and can help me with what bytes I need to grab, Or has anyone fixed this problem?

Once I experienced this problem I reformatted the SD card in the camera and the camera recorded and completed files, However since I had no idea the error was happening I am missing a good 30 video clips that are corrupted.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try treasured.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yup. Did. No go. treasured does not view it as a video file.
    Quote Quote