VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, i have been at this for 8 days now. Why do dvd'd i burn not play? I am using AVStoDVD and it worked perfect yesterday. The DVD i burned played, now today, i converted two YouTube videos, burnt them and the DVD would not play. So I tried burning it with my Jrivers media center and it crashed the program. The AVStoDVD remuxes and authorizes the files as part of the MP4 to Mpeg2 conversion, but my Jrivers Mediacenter then tried to re-remux them, and then re-authorise and then it crashed. Yesterday when i got the one DVD i burned that would play my MediaCenter went right to burning and closing the disk. Any thoughts as to why i continue to have this problem?

Firefox extension to download Youtube concert video clips to HDD in MP4720P HD
    Convert to Mpeg2 with AVStoDVD
    Burn with either ImagBurn or my Jrivers MediaCenter
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here are possible clues: This disk will play on my PC, but not when i put the DVD in my home DVD player. So far if i burned a disk and it would not play, it would not play on either my PC or home player. Now it plays on the PC, but not the home unit. And, on my TV screen i get a dialog box showing 2 "roots", like i need to pick one, but i cannot. When i load disk into my DVD player the display says STOP. The one DVD i burned that worked when you load that disk, the DVD player displays, PLAY and auto runs the disk and it plays. I do not have any MENUS or other things on the disk, it just immediately starts playing all the converted videos i have burnt on it, and it will auto-replay the disk until i stop it and or eject it. Don't know if this helps. The converted Mpeg2 files always PLAY perfect on the computer, but somehow either during the burning process, something gets screwed up and neither my PC or home DVD player can decode and play the information burned onto it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe AVS2DVD created a PAL format DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to convert another video, and the files in the output folder have an file additional folder added and file name was changed to include DVD_0 Why?, this is not correct see pic.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SP32-20120921-075319.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	13987  

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nope, its in NSTC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A real, playable DVD MUST have a VIDEO_TS folder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have not used AVS2DVD, so cannot comment on how it works, but I have used DVDFlick and it has work every time. The complete process after putting files into the program is automated until the DVD is complete. I would suggest trying that route as something must be setup incorrectly in the current process of things. If DVDFlick fails, then there is something else going on in the system and not the fault of the process.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by yeoldmetalhead228 View Post
    The one DVD i burned that worked when you load that disk, the DVD player displays, PLAY and auto runs the disk and it plays. I do not have any MENUS or other things on the disk, it just immediately starts playing all the converted videos i have burnt on it, and it will auto-replay the disk until i stop it and or eject it.
    That's how DVDs without menus work... If you want a nice menu, just use the DVD Menu Wizard in AVStoDVD.

The DVD_0.log file is AVStoDVD project log file. It contains useful info about the whole encoding and authoring process. Post it here if you have trouble.

The DVD_0 folder contains 2 subfolder: VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, as per DVD standard.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, am talking about when i DVD will play, whats its behavior is.
    I am just looking for help
    Never had the name of my DVD, or files to burn to DVD have "DVD_0 letters before.
    I did as oldman64 suggested and used DVD flick and that worked good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yeoldmetalhead228 View Post
    Yes, am talking about when i DVD will play, whats its behavior is.
    I am just looking for help
    Never had the name of my DVD, or files to burn to DVD have "DVD_0 letters before.
    I did as oldman64 suggested and used DVD flick and that worked good.
    That "DVD_0" thing you are showing is a folder.....WHAT IS INSIDE THAT FOLDER??????
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, guys/girls DVDflick did the trick, converted and burnt my first full DVD full O' YouTube concert Vid clips. And it PLAYS too!!! But, I am getting a new HP computer w/window's 7 tomorrow morning. This PC is shot, and is not worth the effort to keep trying to do this. If i wait a month to burn another disk, i will have to go thru Hell and back again. It happens every time. So a BIG thank you to all the people who tried to help me. As soon as i get up and running i will be back to see how i burn DVD's with Windows 7!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You probably imported the dvd_0 folder in to imgburn.

What you should import in to imgburn is the video_ts folder which is inside the dvd_0 folder
    Quote Quote