VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some episodes that are NTSC and some are PAL. MultiAVCHD only lets you select NTSC or PAL for the disc. Does this mean that I have to convert everything to 1 format before I author them?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Mixed NTSC and PAL videos violate both DVD and BluRay standards. Even if you can get mutliAVCHD to create this for you, you need to understand that standalone players may refuse to play such discs or parts of such discs. We've had posts in the past from experienced users who used other programs to create mixed format DVDs so you can probably find some way to do it, but again, this violates the standards and some players may not play it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by holygamer View Post
    Does this mean that I have to convert everything to 1 format before I author them?
    Not everything....just the NTSC to PAL or the PAL to NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But seriously....DVDShrink can easily do it.....you'll have no menu. But then again "no menu" is the only way it can be done as far as I know(for DVD).
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't have an episode that has pal and NTSC clips in the same video. I just mean I have some NTSC episodes and some PAL. I don't understand why multiAVCHD wouldn't allow such episodes on the same disc?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by holygamer View Post
    I don't have an episode that has pal and NTSC clips in the same video. I just mean I have some NTSC episodes and some PAL. I don't understand why multiAVCHD wouldn't allow such episodes on the same disc?
    Read the first sentence of my previous post. If you don't understand that, there's no point in anybody responding any more to this thread.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I did understand it but it looked like you were saying that a single video with parts in NTSC and PAL is not allowed. I know that. What I was saying was I don't understand why I can't have multiple episodes on a Bluray disc, some NTSC and some PAL. Bluray supports PAL and NTSC episodes so why when you return to a menu after watching an NTSC episode for example can you not then load a PAL episode?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can not create a single video with parts as PAL and parts as NTSC so why should anything else support both systems in one.

DVD does not support both PAL and NTSC on the same disk and, has been said in the first reply, neither does blu-ray.

And there was nothing in that reply to suggest that the respondent was writing about single files. You make this up as you go along.

In some of your earlier thread you wrote about having PAL and NTSC sources. Fine. And you also wrote, if my memory serves me, of converting. So why try to re-write the standards ?. But.....

Put the files on a data disk and the player may play them but if you specifically format for blu-ray, with menu etc. then it is a non-starter. Comprenez ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The rules don't allow that. You don't have to like those rules, but you have to play by them unless you are willing to accept that breaking the rules may cause some/many players to refuse to play your disc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Understood. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. If I have a Bluray disc full of 720 x 480 episodes but some are in 25 fps and some are in 29.97 fps then does Bluray support that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you actually read reply #8 ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi you can put ntsc and pal on the same dvd if you use dvd lab pro, and create seperate VTS folders i have done it several times when im in a rush and havent got time to convert them to pal using diko hope this helps, but not all players will play them if not region free
    Quote Quote