VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been trying to make DVDs with mkv & mp4 files that I downloaded from a newsgroup. I've tried DVDFlick, MainConcept, and AVStoDVD, the resulting mpg files are unwatchable. They hang up, they pixillate, the picture seems to ripple (for lack of a better description), although as all this is going on, the audio seems fine. As might be expected, a DVD burned from the files is no better.

It was suggested by a regular of the newsgroup where I downloaded the files that if the files played in VLC, but woudn't play in Windows Media Player, I should download Haali Media Splitter. So I did, but I am at a loss as to how to use it. I can't even figure out how to open it, or even if I'm supposed to open it. Does it work in the background? Is it a converter in the same sense as DVDFlick and AVStoDVD and will it render a DVD structure? Or, like MainConcept, will it render an mpg file that can be used in a DVD authoring program? Am I misunderstanding what it does?

It's there in it's folder in the program files, with two different exe files - dsmux and mkv2vfr. But what do I do with it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    rent the dvd for a dollar.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Haali Media Splitter is... simply a splitter. Mainly used for mkv, mp4 and ts containers. You will not execute it, it works in the background when, ie, a mkv has been opened in directshow mode, to split the various streams in the container.

Coming back to the topic, could you please post here the AVStoDVD project log file? It contains useful info to try to understand why the output is, in your opinion, not acceptable.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mkv & mp4 videos ... I use ConvertX 2 DVD 4 ...
    Quote Quote