VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, I have several hundred of these disks to do - the backstory: These are all DVDs from a company called Promo Only. They serve VJ's with music videos on dvd format, and each dvd has 35-45 music videos.

I don't want to have to rip and rename every single file one by one. Luckily, there exists a program that parses the Promo Only database and figures out which chapters to combine, and rips and renames the files automatically. It works AWESOME, but, only for newish DVDs. (It uses DVD Decrypter for the ripping). (google LMoffice for the program)

The problem is that the company, pre 2006, was putting the music videos in a random PGC, usually #2 or #3. The LMOffice prgram that rips and names these files is expecting the videos to be in PGC #1, and fails when they are not in that format. While all the new disks are formatted that way, the old ones are not, and the author of the LMOffice program is really not doing much in terms of updating.

Thus, I want to try to use some program to manually edit the PGC order on a DVD, and I have downloaded and played with PGC Edit, but I can't figure out how to get it to do what I want it to do.

Usually, the other PGC's are filled with ambient video clips - and I have no need for them, so I don't care if I delete them...

Any help would be awesome, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wish I could help more. Here is a guide for PGC Edit:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=43142

Here are some PGC Edit threads:

https://www.videohelp.com/guides?tools=643&&archive=%25
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Best way to do it is to stop messing around and rip the complete disc "BY CHAPTER" with DVDDecrypter, find the music videos, rename them yourself and author a new DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes to moving pgc .. double click on required vtst to be shown pgceditor and use "remove cell" function, once done, save dvd ... if you have them in the right order now it should work with pgc1
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the replies guys.
    hech54 - one of the biggest problems is having multiple chapters. I need to combine certain chapters to get 1 video. As I said in the original post, with hundreds of DVDs to do - and with the LMOffice program taking care of all of that automatically, I would think that getting the PGC's to order up correctly would be the most efficient use of my time.

BJS - I am struggling with this, I removed the cell, but the PGC's did not readjust number wise. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Muahah! I figured it out! Just in case anyone else browses this post looking for answers:

Under Domain, I selected Remap, moved the pgc I wanted to the top, saved, and life is good
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DStep View Post
    I need to combine certain chapters to get 1 video
    So one music video can have a chapter marker half way through the video?
    That's dumb.
    Quote Quote  
  8. God bless Promo Only... Yet another reason why I don't still get their services. But, these old disks can still be put to use...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I heard PO went out of business recently.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DStep View Post
    Muahah! I figured it out! Just in case anyone else browses this post looking for answers:

Under Domain, I selected Remap, moved the pgc I wanted to the top, saved, and life is good
    Indeed, "Remap PGCs of Domain" is the way to do it. Glad you found it!
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote