VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a simple way to encode a video, and possible queue up videos to encode into a codec (lagarith)? This is my current steps:

1# Copy the full path to the video
    2# Go my AVS folder, open up a avs file, paste the file name in, save it
    3# get vdub to open the avs file, remove adio, select codec
    4# Save the file, wait till its done, and go back to step 1 for every file.

How can I do this quicker? Id love some sort of program where I can drag/drop files into it, it puts it into the queue and encodes it using the predefined codec in the predefined HDD. Suggestions? Audio is not important, I can add that in later if needed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. you can try khaver's batch intermediate creator. There are several versions but one of them uses system installed vfw codecs , including lagarith if it's installed . They work by using a batch avs template. It comes with a GUI and pdf instructions and is fairly easy to use

http://www.hv20.com/showthread.php?29578-Batch-Intermediate-Creator-New-Version
    http://www.hv20.com/showthread.php?27561-New-Batch-Intermediate-Creator

another option is a ffmpeg batch file (but you can't encode to lagarith, but you can use other lossless intermediates like ffv1, huffyuv for example) . You don't need avisynth with this method
    Quote Quote  
  3. Batch file:

x264.exe --crf=0 --keyint=1 --output %1.mkv %1

Of course, that's video only.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe you like Drag Drop Convert GUI, use option "Encode to FFmpeg" to convert to codec ffv1 and then just select all file you want then drag and drop on GUI, all you left to do is wait it encode all file you drop
    Quote Quote  
  5. poisondeathray: No luck. I cant drag&drop, and each time I try to click 'start' it tells me me 'please enter path to avs template'... I have no clue what its talking about, im trying to avoid AVS.... The pdf contains same info as in the thread.

jagabo: Not sure what you want me to do with that command. I dont know batch.

richter03: Maybe ill check that out later.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by SignedupGuest View Post
    jagabo: Not sure what you want me to do with that command. I dont know batch.
    Put it in a batch file then you can drag-and-drop videos onto it to make a lossless x264 mkv. Or change the "mkv" in the batch to "mp4" to make mp4 files.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yeah I tried that, nothing happaned... Just tried it again, same thing. I get a quick popup of the command prompt but other then that, nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Make sure x264.exe is in your search path. Or specify the exact location of x264.exe in the batch file:

"C:\Program files\x264\x264.exe" --crf=0 --keyint=1 --output %1.mkv %1
    Quote Quote  
  9. ok that worked, but what it is doing. Seems to be saving an MKV file right now.
    Quote Quote  
  10. It's creating a losslessly encoded video file. What you asked for. All i-frame h.264 in MKV.
    Quote Quote