VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello All,

I have a folder with multiple sub-folders, each of which contains multiple file formats like FLV, F4V, WMV, MOV, AVI, M4A, VOB & MPG .
    I want to convert all files to MP4 format and save the converted video in the destination path by automatically creating a sub folder(as like in the source path).

When i'm using media coder to convert,i am unable to access the sub folders.

Is there a tool that fits my requirement?
    Quote Quote  
  2. ffcoder has a "directory watch" function, although I'm not sure it'd be as automated as you'd want. I've not used the feature but as best as I can tell a "watched directory" consists of a single source directory, a set of filters telling ffcoder which files it should be looking out for, and an output directory. So while it appears not to automatically open video in subfolders and save them in corresponding destination subfolders, ffcoder will at least let you save multiple "watched directory" configurations.

So if your "source" sub folders aren't constantly changing, you should be able to set up each one as a "watched directory" configuration, each using a corresponding "output" sub folder as it's destination directory. At least that's how it appears to work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have created a video conversion script that can do about 95% of what you want to do. If you are willing to make some some modifications to my script, I think you can have what you want. My script is written in AutoIt, which is very easy to learn and there is plenty of documentation available online.

I wrote my script originally to automatically convert DVDs, but I have also added the ability to convert any matching files (i.e. files with certain extensions) to MP4 or MKV files. By default, it converts any files that have no subtitles to MP4 files and any files that do have subtitles to MKV files.

From what I can see, you would only need to add some code to recognize new files in a folder, convert the new files to a subfolder (my program puts the converted files in the same folder), and then set up a scheduled task to run every hour (or at any interval you like) to check if there are new files in you folder.

Here is the link to my program: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44961/ARD.7z

You will need to have 7-zip installed to open the file. Make sure to read the Readme file (although most of it pertains to ripping DVDs). Check it out, let me know what you think. My email is at the bottom of the readme file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You might like to look at MCEBuddy. I think it'll do what you want.
    Quote Quote