VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I purchased the Lacinema and it plays a lot of file types, but not what I need it to play....the AVI files that are created from the Canopus's ADVC110, do they have a special codec. Is there any way to add a codec to play them in the Lacinema, I would hate to have to convert all those files, the reason I got the Lacinema was to play those AVI files, although they are kind of huge. Does anyone know a similar 2 TB hard drive media player like the Argusy (which isn't being made anymore) that I can use to view the ADC110 video files.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not aware of any standalone media player that plays DV AVI. It's certainly not in the specs for your player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Me neither. It looks as though you're going to have to keep two archives, one in the original format and one transcoded to something the Lacie likes if you want to be able to play them on it. Ask away if you decide to take this approach as there are many knowledgeable people here who could help you make excellent transcodes using free software.
    Quote Quote