VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to use a simple software program to record video from my laptop's webcam similar to Window's Live. The only key element that I need is to record in black and white for smaller files to be emailed.

I follow the KISS principle.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 29th Aug 2012 at 10:22. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Black and white wont make the files smaller.

You must adjust the video and audio bitrate to make them smaller.

Are you using windows live movie maker? You could export and choose a different preset or a custom (see for example http://www.7tutorials.com/saving-windows-live-movie-maker-projects-video-files )
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, Baldrick, but having them in B/W will devote the available bitrate to (only) the luma channel, hence making them LOOK better quality for the same given bitrate.

@OP, since you have a special requirement, your "simple" workflow is shot.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Archsoft media converter has an option for black and wight also has other effects and out puts to various formats free to try and the 15 day period it is fully functional although it is not quite perfect the dvd tab when you select vob files gives an audio glitch repeated thru the hole file which can be over come by using video tab but will only output to single file with no option to multiplex together again and the edit function is little glitchy for my liking give it a try see what you think its full functional for 15 days personally i wouldn't pay for something thats not working properly that why i plumt for winavi which dosent have the effects your after but works perfectly well apart from the edit function which is poor but not glitchy archsofts mainly supports AMD ATI give it a try for 15 days fully functional it may suite your needs its actually quite good if they ever get it working properly why they didn't just put it out as a beta before they put a price on it god only knows olso try looking at
    jiao systems ltd they have nice small progs that mite suite you I havent tryed them myself but worth a look all the best
    Last edited by Trippedout; 29th Aug 2012 at 08:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello herscht,

Try MYCAM 1.1, the most simple webcam software made.

Link: MYCAM 1.1

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  6. And YAWCAM is another free one but you will have to edit the resulting vid to make it black and white.
    Quote Quote