VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I have a Panasonic HCV700 camcorder which I'd like to use to make videos of people dancing at a club, where the light levels are very low. I've been advised to use LED lights attached to the camcorder, but as a beginner I know very little about them except that they vary enormously in price.
    For instance, the Litepanels Micro Pro LED light retails at hundreds of pounds, but the CN-160 LED light retails at less than 50 pounds. Yet it seems to be higher spec.
    My question, then, is whether I should go for the cheaper light. But also, I'd like to know whether these lights, which are given as being suitable for DV camcorders, are compatible with the HCV700. I'd be grateful for any advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. laurence - go ahead and get the CN-160 (£28.37 at Amazon). I have bought these inexpensive LED lights from China for my Panasonic cameras for years and they work just as well as the expensive name-branded lights. The CN-160 will work just fine with your V700.

Cheers,

Bill
    Hybrid Camera Revolution
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi brunerww. Thanks for your reply. It's good to hear that the CN-160 is ok. I've ordered a 312 LED light, and after I've used it for a while I'll post a short review of it. Thanks again,
    Laurencewithau
    Quote Quote