VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I really don't know how to ask this so I will try to do the best I can. I am not real happy with the capture on my Sony Vegas Pro 11 at this point. It has been having several glitches and I was wondering what is an alternative to this? Pay or free is not a concern. This is the starting point and only part of my question. I also have a Canopus ADVC-50 A/D CONVERTER for capture with firewire. I was wondering if this is a good enough product for the capture of HD anymore? Is there a better alternative than using firewire and this device? The camera I have is the Sony HDR-FX7 that uses mini DV. I am sure I left something off but if you can figure out what I mean from this please give me a little help if possible. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What kind of glitches?

Try HDVSplit

The converter will cause you to incur a digital=>analog=>digital quality loss (not ideal) , where as directly capturing it (e.g. through hdvsplit) remains digital
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As for glitches, I could not import a part of a capture. I had 112 pieces to the capture and #64 kept on causing SVPro to crash. I did not add it and all of the other 111 media clips from the capture worked. I can't get it to recognize the camera sometimes until I unplug it and re plug it back in. Just little things like that. When it puts the media in the bin after capture it is sometimes out of order so I have to go and arrange it, which sucks when you have over 100 clips.
    When you say converter what do you mean? Are you talking the Canopus? I have been told that Canopus is a great device but what do I know. Please explain and tell me what I should do to capture or what you do. Do you use firewire? I was reading somewhere that a guys thinks that is a bad way to capture. Thoughts? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The ADVC-50 is a standard definition capture device. You can't get 1080i into it, or 1080i out of it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HDVsplit is all you need. if one clip has dropped frames try cleaning the camera head and re-capturing.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It has been working fine for getting HD in.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    It has been working fine for getting HD in.
    The firewire port works the same as any other for DV and HDV input.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You now have me confused.
    Quote Quote