VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just got a dct6200 and read a few older posts about doing firewire capture and was wondering if it can still be done with this older model or if shaw here in vancouver island disabled it or added encryption.

If it still can be done i'll buy a firewire card and give it a try.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think you may know this, but I want to mention it anyway as someone may find this thread later via an Internet search and look at it.

No 64 bit version of Windows is able to do this type of firewire capture. 32 bit versions through Windows 7 do work. If you have a Linux server then it should work and Apple is also supported out of the box, although you may wish to find and install the FireRecord program to do your captures under Apple.

I am sorry but I do not know if this specific model used by Shaw works. You're probably just going to have to try. You should probably do that anyway as even if they do usually disable the ports, there's always a chance that a specific unit may not have that done due to oversight.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ya,i read about no firewire capture drivers for 64 bit,ill give it a try in win7 32 to see if if the firewire still works.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote