VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have already ripped a 3D BD movie to my HDD´s PC with AnyDVD HD in the ISO format.

Now I want to Burn this file to a BD 25GB 2D Movie normal BD structure to Play on a BD Player!

My BD Player does not play ISO format!

Is there any Soft to do this?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by fjmr; 7th Aug 2012 at 10:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get Image Burn, then in EZ mode, write image file to disc. The resulting BD-R should have the file structure of the original blu-ray. But to get to this point you should probably first use something like BD Rebuilder to shrink the *.iso and fit it into a 25GB BD-R, unless you want to use an expensive 50GB dual-layer BD-R.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks turk690, the thing was done!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I knew you could rip a 3D Blu-Ray to ISO and burn to disc (usually a BD50 required). I haven't done it, BTW. I do have a couple short ones like Imax Space Station 3D, only 40-odd minutes or so, which might fit a BD25. So I might as well have a go.

But I was under the impression that BDRB could not re-encode a 3D Blu-Ray to BD25. Did I miss something?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, as I just mentioned in another thread, you are right fritzi93 and they are wrong. BDRB may be able to do what some of those other apps have done and convert FullHD 3DBD discs (usually 50GB) to SbS or T/B "3D-ish" 2D BD25 discs (with half resolution and corresponding quality loss), but neither it NOR ANY OTHER APP can currently shrink a true 50GB 3DBD to a true 25GB 3DBD.
    If they think they can, they are mistaken.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yeah, DVDFab can do T/B or SBS. The trouble is, besides the loss in resolution, the re-encode looks...poor. I know it's a matter of opinion, but try it and see. I also have some 1080i 3D SBS transport stream captures (from ComCast free 3D OnDemand) that look a good bit better, so I think I'm right about the encode quality.

Other than that, as you say, it seems nothing (or at least no freeware) can do a true 3D re-encode right now.

Considering the fact that I only have one 3D TV and one 3D player, I feel no urgency about backing up my 3D Blu-Rays. Certainly not to pricey and less reliable double-layer media.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    IMO, if you really have to have a backup, or don't specifically want to play from disc, what you ought to do is this:
    1. Have a PC with a vid card that supports HDMI 1.4a 3D spec
    2. Decrypt/Rip the 3DBD and re-encode to MP4/MKV/AVI. Either extra-large, aka non-anamorphic, SBS (or T/B), or Dual-stream-Muxed (my preference).
    3. Play with Stereoscopic Player using nVidia 3Dvision or AMD 3D Stereo Driver output options (may still need to manually tweak TV into 3D, depending on card)
    or
    1. Decrypt/Rip the 3DBD to ISO and play with TMT player.
    Those are the only 2 consistently and solidly working ways to maintain FullHD 3D (from the 3DBD) on a PC. Lots of others work as well, but just using 1/2 resolution (Sbs, T/B, Interlaced, Checkerboard).

Of course, if your 3DTV or 3D Monitor is a PASSIVE (aka Polarized) TV, you won't be getting FullHD anyway, so it's a moot point.
    And it's just as easy to pop the disc in the BD player anyway - I don't get the need for all the backups.

Me, I love my LG 42LM6200!!
    Even if it's 1/2 rez, it still looks wonderful, and I've already had 3D showings with 8-9 people in the room. That would have been cost prohibitive if I had gotten an ACTIVE (120Hz) display. All those glasses @ ~$35-150 each (depending on quality).
    I got 6 pairs of good quality polarized specs free with the TV and have a drawer full of RealD glasses (over 30 pairs) that work just fine also, so I'm all covered. And that allows me to make use of LOTS of material, because it all works with many players.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have the LG 65LW6500 passive set, 65" screen. No crosstalk, no flickering, bright picture; I'm really happy with it. I can play 3D SBS transport streams on it direct from external hard drive, and 2D MKVs as well. As to the lesser resolution, I'm not so sure. I can read the really small print that you see here and there stenciled on walls, etc, in the Space Station 3D disc, just about as well in 3D as in 2D. Maybe "image fusion", as LG terms it, really works.

I've had friends over a few times and they all say they're impressed. The 2D picture quality may not be quite as good as, say, a top-line Samsung, but it's good. Better than my plasma, and I never thought I'd say that. And no image retention of course.

Content must be well done, however. Hugo 3D is the best I've seen yet. Imax Space Station 3D is good. Badly done 3D like Conan the Barbarian or the third Transformers movies were disappointing. Maybe the stupid story lines have affected my opinion though.

Yeah, the RealD glasses work just fine.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I looked at the LG 65" (and loved it), but it was too much for my budget, my entertainment center area wouldn't fit it in, and my wife said "It's too big, we don't need it that big" (skipping obvious double entendre here). Some day, when I can have my own dedicated Media Room!

I've already won over a few converts to LG and to 3D, even with showcasing my lowly 42". Great TV!! I really like the rich LED-backlit color, too. And yes, Hugo is the best (check out Captain America also for good 3D, even if partly "converted").

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Heh, I remodeled my den in January/February specifically for the TV. Work has been very slow anyway. Drywall, paint, built-in bookshelves. Had some re-wiring to do, including the surround system.

It's ~ 14'x15', and I laid hardwood laminate flooring, and added a big 10'x12' Persian style rug, a love seat at 8' from the wall-mounted screen, coffee table, a rocking chair and a few other chairs I can bring in as necessary. One floor lamp behind the love seat. Blinds and drapes to darken the room as necessary. No pictures on the walls or anything in the way of "decorating." So it's a little Spartan, just how I want it.

My wife had no complaint coming since it is MY den. She did, however, roll her eyes when I told her how much the TV cost. She said: "Who the hell needs a TV that costs $2,500 bucks?" So I sat her down to watch Hugo. When it was over, I said: "C'mon now now, admit it, isn't it awesome?" To which she replied: "Okay, it's awesome. It sure ought to be, for the price." Females have no perspective on things like that.

Anyway, I'm glad I got it. All the work has been worth it, and the $2,500 bucks was well-spent. Really nice TV.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Like I said - "some day".
    My former media supervisor/mentor had reconverted his whole basement into a mini-theatre with projection, in-wall soffetted 9.1 surround sound, hidden rackmount media cabinet (still wirelessly remote-controlled w/unified programmable remote), stadium-style-tier-eleveated cushy couches & love seats, major soundproofing, even a "concession stand" with popcorn popper and wads of candy in a glass case! Used to have weekly showings from his VAST collection. Man, that was fun. Didn't get to take advantange of that enough before I moved away...

I've noticed if you can show your other half the distict advantages (as well as a bribe of her own), you can get away with more.

Enjoying my "man toys",
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sounds like a real showplace, is that what you're aiming for, sometime in the future? I didn't aim that high.

I originally considered a projector and screen, but that's still fearfully expensive for passive 3d. I actually have an inset area of one wall, about 9'x7' that was to be the screen location. The TV is centered there instead. A bit above (seated) eye level and tilted down slightly.

Anyway, forgot to mention the soundproofing. I bumped out the walls slightly and put 1" thick celotex under the drywall, since I had lots of sizable scraps. It's polyurethane foam, extruded in sheets and aluminized. Usually used to sheet house framing on the exterior walls prior to hanging siding. But it's very serviceable for insulation and soundproofing. That was to head off complaints by the other half.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  13. The latest version of dvdfab can shrink 3d bluray to real 3d bluray 25gb. Yes it is true 3d, not sbs 3d.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Well, how about that? Have you tried a re-encode? If so, how long did it take (computer details, please) and how does it look?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Using my i7 pc, test with kungfu panda 3D from 31GB down to 25GB, took about 2.5 hrs. For me the quality is good, shrink it down definitely lost In quality but its all good to me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How do you know it's NOT sbs 3D? Don't count the final HDMI image, as Sbs with SEI HDMI info included will Automatically switch your TV into 3D mode, just like Frame Packing will. And then, you'd not be able to "see" the Sbs images.

The only way to tell is to see if the NEW BD has newly encoded, smaller-sized SSIF files (both Main/AVC and Dependent/MVC). If all the SSIFs will decode in standard AVC decoders, it is NOT a true FullHD 3DBD. And that may be why it looks to you like "it definitely lost in quality". In which case, it's probably just as easy to use the old routes of Sbs re-encoding (unless you must have the auto-3d-engage feature).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. Scott if u reply to my post, why dont you check out dvdfab first?
    Yes before dvdfab only offer sbs3d but now it is possible to shrink 50gb 3D bluray to fit 25gb 3D bluray fully menu.
    If u still dont call that real 3d, then i dont know what it is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe you don't, but I DO. BD3D has very specific parameters to automatically enable the FullHD 3D experience.

Example: Most (maybe all) Hollywood BD3Ds are 2x1080p24 (that means 2 views - L+R - of 1080 progressive @ 24FPS). Oftentimes, the 24 is actually 23.976, but no matter. On a true BD3D disc, this is encoded as MVC video contained in M2TS files named *.SSIF (usually the dependent [L-R] stream is loaded 1st, then the main [L] stream). When the player sees the SSIF files (instead of the standard M2TS files) it decodes the 2 streams and composites them into a "FramePacked" 24FPS super-stream, which goes out the HDMI 1.4 pipe. This HDMI signal also has SEI messaging that automatically tells a 3DTV to go into the appropriate/correct 3D mode. Voila!

But an OLD DVDfab conversion only created a single 1080p24 AVC stream and wrote that to a Blu-ray disc as a STANDARD 2D disc. It was up to the user to manually turn on their TVs 3D mode and to specifically, manually choose which layout was appropriate (which they COULD get wrong). Plus this was 1/2 the resolution of the former.

So, okay, the NEW DVDFab conversion might be truly creating a lower quality/sized BD3D with the same layout as the original.

OR

It could be creating a single Sbs 1080p24 stream of AVC video, and packaging that within one of the 2 .SSIF files (and making the other .SSIF file a ~0byte dummy file). If the correct SEI messaging is still included, when the player sees this disc it will attempt to decode the dummy file, pass on it and decode the Sbs view file. Then read and pass along the SEI messaging (this time set not for "Frame Packing" but instead for "SbS" mode.
    Your 3DTV would react to it the same way it would react to a true Frame-Packed signal: go automatically into 3D mode with the correct layout to accommodate the source. You yourself wouldn't know the difference between this and an original, except that the smaller version is still 1/2 the resolution (actually somewhat less than 1/2 since you've lost something in the re-encoding).

THAT is why I asked you to do more checking of the disc...
    (If you can take EACH of the new disc's .SSIF files, rename them to M2TS and view EACH of them with a regular AVC decoder, then you DO NOT have a true BD3D. Or if you can view 1/2 of them, but the other 1/2 is almost 0bytes - the same.

I'm on the road right now (will hopefully be shooting lots of stereo3D at Cape Cod this holiday!!), so I don't have time to "check out DVDFab" for another week + half...

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 30th Aug 2012 at 02:58.
    Quote Quote  
  19. You seem to know so much about blubray 3D, I couldn't understand half what you wrote.
    Why don't you try out dvdfab then tell us about it. Because Iam and most of the end user wouldn't careless half of what you're saying. As long as dvdfab can shrink 50GB 3D bluray to 25GB 3D Bluray with their original menu etc... then that's all it matter.

dvdfab claim its real 3D, you seem to against that, why don't you prove it.

Edit:
    If you're on the go and can't try out dvdfab then why talk so much? wait until you try it out then teach others.
    Last edited by bennyvo; 30th Aug 2012 at 05:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No you got it in reverse.

You want me to go along with (and even buy) something that it claims it can do, you have to to prove to me that it really can do those things. Not me having to prove that it can't.

If you do not understand the half of what I said, maybe you have some studying & learning to do. Otherwise, how do you even have a reference to base quality upon objectively, and not get taken in by hype? Ever heard the expression, "a fool and his money are soon parted"? I got some swampland in Florida I'd love to sell you...

But it doesn't really matter if you completely understand all of what I was saying or not - did you even check the disc like I suggested, or did you just take Dvdfab's word?

I just explained what "real 3d" is (your words). And I talk so much so that others who are curious and not unwilling to learn more on a new subject can be better prepared to deal with it.

Also, since I've already explained and you already understood that I'm on the road, what would be the point of attempting to DL and use DVDFab on an Android tablet when my powerful desktop pc with BD burner is back at home hundreds of miles away? Or are you also travelling on holiday?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  21. I dont need to prove anything, i already use it and it work and i share with others. You're the one who trying to keep others from using the software, if u believe dvdfab cant do what it claim to then prove it.

I wouldnt careless if u or anyone buy dvdfab or not, but dont give false information unless you can backup your theory.
    The trial version is there, they have a forum and email that anyone can ask the developer if they're in doubt. Dvdfab does not pop out of thin air overnight, you know that by now, give it some credit.
    Quote Quote