VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The level of inconsistency I experience with ffmpegx is profound. Anyway, as of recent my usual conversion of ".mov" files to H264 "mp4" files for YouTube (720p) uploading has been running into an issue. The issue in particular is that ffmpegx is splitting my file into "title.ff.video.mp4" and "title.ff.audio.mp4" files. Another H264 encoder completely removes the sound from the file outputted .mp4 file. How can i restore my settings to a single mp4 file with audio. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by raleway View Post
    The issue in particular is that ffmpegx is splitting my file into "title.ff.video.mp4" and "title.ff.audio.mp4" files.
    ffmpegX uses an internal tool called mp4box for muxing the video and audio to .mp4 after conversion. If the muxing didn't succeed for some reason, then you would be left with tho elementary stream files. To confirm this, please post the log*.

Originally Posted by raleway
    Another H264 encoder completely removes the sound from the file outputted .mp4 file. How can i restore my settings to a single mp4 file with audio.
    How did you find out that the sound is removed? If it is by playback in a software player, then which players did you test? Including VLC? If you used a media inspector, then which one? Anyway, please post the log*.

* To get to the log, click the blue "i" in the ffmpegX Progress window, after a conversion attempt. This should open a new window titled ‘Process Information’; this is the log. You can select and copy from there.
    Quote Quote