VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I've got a tablet that can't install flash (velocity cruz t301). So I can access the portal page on playon and I can see all my files. But I can't play them. It just says you need flash to play the file.

What I'd like is something just like playon that can stream files but doesn't require a flash player.

I'm kind of at a loss on where to go.

I can convert files to play locally on the tablet. And I have just bought some more sd cards on ebay for just that purpose. But I'd like to be able to do streaming off my pc if its possible without using adobe flash.

By the way I know about the dolphin browser and I do have it and I tried accessing the playon portal with it but it still says it required flash to play.

Oh and fyi my tablet is based on a mips processor so about 90-95% of apps you'd likely suggest aren't going to work for me. So if there are any that are open html based video streaming options I would like to know.

One last thing - I can do youtube streaming on this tablet. It has a specially built youtube app on it that does work. Its just that it doesn't really do other video streaming. And I've been searching off and on since I bought it for viable alternatives but I'm not sure.

If html 5 video is the wave of the future perhaps I can use it for this purpose. Your suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

Edit - and before you go and say just buy another tablet - I will eventually but for now I want to get this to do streaming without flash - maybe something has been ported to android from ipad streaming that doesn't have flash?

By the way its android 2.2 on the tablet and its mips.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bump.

Any thoughts?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote