VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all. I have a Panasonic HD camcorder and was wondering if it's better to shoot in 1080P @60FPS or in AVCHD? What's easier to convert to MPEG4 or .MOV? Very new at HD video recording.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You are mixing terms.

AVCHD is a format that encompasses multiple framerate&resolution combinations, INCLUDING 1080p60.

And since AVCHD uses AVC (hence the name), you don't have to convert it to mp4 because it already IS mp4..

I'm not sure what you are trying to compare WITH avchd, so I can't really say which would be better. We need more info...
    (Model #, intended target, etc)
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the response. when I put the video on my comp. from the HD camcorder, it shows it as a M2TS file. Is there a way to compress this in a lossless format to upload? Also, can I burn that M2TS file to a blu-ray and play it?

Using a Panasonic HDC-TM900 camcorder.
    Last edited by whenpigsfly; 5th Aug 2012 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I downloaded tsmuxer. How can that help me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For burning to disc, yes tsMuxer (or similarly, multiAVCHD) can help by re-wrapping your M2TS such that it creates a whole AVCHD structure, which can be burned and played on appropriate BD players.

For uploading, you have got to understand: you M2TS is already GREATLY compressed! Some lossless compressor/archiver like Rar/Zip/7z isn't going to make it any smaller, in fact sometimes the output is even LARGER! The only way to get an upload that is smaller is by recompressing it with a lower bitrate (and incurring QUALITY LOSS), whether resizing down or not. Why not just upload as it is? WHere is being uploaded to?

Scott
    Quote Quote