VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I have about 100 "avi" files on my computer and need to change container of them to "mp4". How to do it fast? I use MP4Box for single files but what about 100 files at the same time? Is there and application I can add files to queue, start muxing them, back later and have them ready?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wacus View Post
    Is there and application I can add files to queue, start muxing them, back later and have them ready?
    "Pass Thru" presets for WinFF ---> https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/343895-Pass-Thru-presets-for-WinFF
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could also call MP4Box or ffmpeg from a batch file. I don't know the syntax for Mp4Box, but using ffmpeg:

Code:
    for %%f in (*.avi) do "C:\Program Files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%~nf.AVI" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%%~nf.mp4"
    Put that in a file named AVI2MP4.BAT in the same folder as your AVI files. Then double click on it. Each AVI will be remuxed into an MP4. The original AVI files will be left intact. Beware that not all AVI codecs are compatible with MP4. So don't delete your AVI files until you've verified the MP4 play properly.
    Last edited by jagabo; 30th Jul 2012 at 13:06.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you guys. Both methods work.
    Quote Quote