Poll: Do you smoke(cigarettes,tobacco)?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I quit smoking 11 years ago.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yeah. Quitting is easy, it's the *not* starting again that's hard. (Apologies to Mark twain).
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hehe - cigars
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tried it when i was a kid and couldn't understand why anyone would do it for a long period of time. I've seen too many die from it. So that's a no for me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's easy to quit... I've done it a hundred times.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Moontrash View Post
    tried it when i was a kid and couldn't understand why anyone would do it for a long period of time.
    Same here --- I was 8 years old when my first and last "experiment with cigarettes" happened.
    Quote Quote  
  7. We need an 'occasionally' option. I smoke a pipe and cigars from time to time. Mostly weather permitting as my wife has asthma and I have to smoke outside.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Yeah. Quitting is easy, it's the *not* starting again that's hard. (Apologies to Mark twain).

You never "quit"...You Stop...then work at never starting again...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never smoked, and never thought once about trying it. I have bad respiratory allergies. One of the happiest days of my life was when cigarette smoking was banned indoors at work.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Medium Arabic Hookah.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	13276  

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I quit cold turkey when the wife became pregnant with our only child. Second hand smoke, you know.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I quit nearly 30 years ago. To this day I sometimes get the urge, but it's pretty easy to resist now.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's a much, much, much better life without cigarettes. When you quit you will realize what a silly and worthless habit it always was.

Why go through the trouble to wheeze, cough, have health problems, be treated like a pariah, not be able to be as active, have to make a dozen decisions a day about when/where you'll smoke, spend big money and stink all day? It makes no sense to me.

I feel sorry for smokers when I see them today. It amuses me how they defend their habit, when in reality they're in denial about how enslaved they are to it.

To answer the question, no, I don't smoke (which includes anything - cigarettes, "herb", small rodents, or otherwise).
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The longest I've ever gone was a mere month. Then I started a new job. What did EVERYONE do during their break... no-brainer there. Needless to say, that was the end of my success in quitting
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    50% KILL rate and the city I'm in has the worst stats in this province per capita for people dying of tobacco related illnesses. So much for educating the public. Lost my mother, father and grandfather that way. My grandmother who never smoked lived to be 99 years old. No smokes in this household...
    Quote Quote  
  16. locotus
    Search Comp PM
    As a genius I used to think I was, wait for my first Heart Attack before quite smoking.
    I haven't light a cigarrete in almost 6 years, hope never will.
    Just don't be so clever as I was. This thing kills. Beleive me.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i stopped 3 years ago with the help of e-cigs, i started again 2 months ago but using electronic cigs, i cant stand the smell of smoke on my clothes, the wife dont smoke so e-cigs help with no smell.e-cigs still give me the same buzz & i can vape when i want like at work
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm 70 now but I did try smoking when I was 14 years old. I tried 3 times but each time after a few weeks ..headaches and coughs. So, I gave it up and the only time I gave smoking cigarettes much thought after that was when I dated a girl that smoked. With that there was always the question...Do I really like her enough to kiss her? My initial yes always turned into a no within weeks.

Tony
    Quote Quote