VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by holygamer View Post
    Intracube says that he can see the interlacing.
    I deliberately disabled my media player's de-interlacing filter to look at the raw frames. Normally, with the filters enabled, the interlacing isn't visible.

I haven't burned this video to a disc to check on my TV.

There are lots of analogue timebase errors, macroblocks, aliasing on the ropes round the ring (just a limitation of the 480 lines resolution).

There still might be something weird with this video.

jagabo; if you've got time, take a look at the Y channel of the video at around frame 73. A flash goes off in the audience behind the ring. Looking at each individual field, the field with the flash seems to show an adjacent field blending with it - the flash isn't uniform and smooth except right at the centre.

I can't figure out if it's a problem with the camera, or something later on in the chain that's causing the two fields to blend together.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What Media Player do you have, is it for watching stuff on your TV? And how do you disable the interlacing filters on it?

This is driving me mad, I don't understand how I can see the interlacing artefacts when you guys can't. I've opened a thread here to see what other people can see: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/348018-Can-you-see-interlacing-artefacts-in-this-cl...53#post2176853
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by holygamer View Post
    What Media Player do you have, is it for watching stuff on your TV? And how do you disable the interlacing filters on it?
    VLC and mplayer. VLC has options in the menus to control de-interlacing. I usually use Yadif 2x. mplayer uses command line parameters and also can use yadif 2x.

This is driving me mad, I don't understand how I can see the interlacing artefacts when you guys can't. I've opened a thread here to see what other people can see: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/348018-Can-you-see-interlacing-artefacts-in-this-cl...53#post2176853
    Is it possible your disc authoring software is causing problems? Or maybe your TV is doing a really bad job at de-interlacing?

What does other interlaced content look like on the TV? (live broadcasts, sport, etc) Can you still see the same objectionable interlacing artefacts?

Maybe you're not seeing interlaced artefacts at all. Does the problem look like the first and second image in this post:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/334839-interlace-help?p=2084458&viewfull=1#post2084458
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by intracube View Post
    jagabo; if you've got time, take a look at the Y channel of the video at around frame 73. A flash goes off in the audience behind the ring. Looking at each individual field, the field with the flash seems to show an adjacent field blending with it - the flash isn't uniform and smooth except right at the centre.
    I don't see anything unusual in the frame with the flash -- 72 by AviSynth/VirtualDub numbering. Fields separated and stacked:

Click image for larger version

Name:	f72.png
Views:	147
Size:	844.2 KB
ID:	13271

I turned off DgMpgDec's deblocking filters for this sample image so you can see the heavy macroblocking. There's so little motion in this frame how could you tell whether there's any field blending or not? In any case, there's no field blending anywhere else in the video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by intracube View Post
    I don't see anything unusual in the frame with the flash -- 72 by AviSynth/VirtualDub numbering
    Hmm, I'm using Blender's node compositor. What I'm seeing might be caused by improper handling of the chroma sub-sampled image.

Your example isn't showing the problem.
    Quote Quote