VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Everyone, Ive been at this for 10 hours with trial and error and I can't solve this. Please help.

When putting VOB files into my Wondershare on the MAC for conversion to an MOV, it's only reading every other VOB file, saying there's no info although there's clearly 1 gig of a file. When I put the VOBs into an MPEG format on my PC, I can see the video playing fine there and also on my MPEGStreamClip on my MAC.

However, MPEG StreamClip program on MAC or PC wont let me transfer, trim or save anything. Just play. I've also tried every freeware trimmer and transfer program out there for VOBs MPEGs and MOVs. Nothing is working to ultimately get me to a MOV clip. Part of the problem is that the clip i want is stuck in the middle of of a 1 gig VOB (and MPEG) file and these tiny programs cant process it or won't let me trim without buying it.

Ultimately I want to get these files into Final Cut but I have a 5.5 version that doesn't read VOBs or MPEGs.

I don't mind spending the money on what is best, but I don't want to waste it on 5 different programs that still won't do what I need or are less than professional programs.

Thanks!

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG StreamClip requires a paid component from Apple if one is using OS X to work with MPEG-2 video. There are separate instructions at the Squared 5 website for each of the versions of OS X that are compatible with MPEG StreamClip.

On a PC, you must either install the compatible version of QuickTime Alternative (1.81), or Apple's QuickTime 7 free player for Windows. This is also covered at the Squared 5 website.

[Edit]It is a good idea to fix time code breaks before editing and converting.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 21st Jul 2012 at 20:12.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you that worked. I wasn't able to do it on my PC with the free Quicktime alternative because my PC is too slow to process a 2 gig file. That's why I was going through different scenarios all day. Once I got the mpeg-2 component and used the MAC, it solved everything.
    Quote Quote