VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I work on a website which we want to start including streaming videos. What video format is best? What are the best settings for online streaming. I have been told by the webdesigner that FLV or MOV is probobly best. How about MP4? How many KBPS is reccomended for a videos of speaches. Ideally what size file (MB) should i be looking for an hour video for online streaming?

I currently have a 70 min video in DVD format which I am trying to compress and prepare for online streaming. I have been playing around with Windows movie maker, Freemake video converter but I am not sure which settings I need. What ever I tried came out way to big of a file. What is the best free or low cost software for compressing and changing video formats?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mov wouldn't be a good idea at all, the web designer must be an apple fanboi. flv and mp4 are. even at a minimum dimension/bitrate 70 minutes is going to be around 500MB. as long as you create progressive download(web optimized) files they will start playing right away and the viewers won't have to wait for the whole thing to download.

try vidcoder(handbrake gui), it's easy enough. try the high profile. check web optimized. you will need to resize your dvd 720x480(assuming ntsc) video as it uses non-square pixels. if it's 4:3 try 640x480, widescreen 854x480. leave the other default settings alone. render it and see what you think.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. How do these settings sound?

.flv file, h.264 456x256 dimension. 300 KBPS . 1h 11 min is 214MB. I left the audio settings and others as defult to the web settings.

I think we are going to offer a video downlaod option in addtion to online streaming so it has to be low enough in size.

I downloaded Handbrake but it looks simular to freemaker video converter which I got the above settings from.
    Quote Quote  
  4. video streaming using flash player (flv) to streaming but hight quality in flv bitrate use 1500 file result to big
    compress video in x264 and incapsulation in flv to result in hight quality and small file use ffmpeg
    to result file flv compress in x264

for %%i in ("*.avi") do ("%~dp0ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "%~dp0%%i" -vcodec libx264 -acodec libvo_aacenc -ar 44100 -b:a 112k -coder 1 -cmp +chroma -partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 -me_method hex -crf 26.0 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 0 -qmax 69 -qdiff 4 -bf 3 -refs 8 -direct-pred 3 -trellis 2 -wpredp 2 -rc_lookahead 60 -threads 0 -ab 112k "%%~ni.mp4" & "%~dp0ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "%~dp0%%~ni.mp4" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%~dp0%%~ni.flv" )
    Quote Quote