VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Gunslinging Womanizer
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. This is my first post here, and I joined for the reason that I need major help with my capture card.

I have a Dazzle DVC100 that I recieved 2 Xmas ago. I have since lost the disc/instructions and have been left with the actual card left alone.

Ive tried in the past, but I cant seem to get it to work. Those damn YouTube tutorials are too confusing for me, and I really want to use my card.

I also need recomendations on programs that are available, and they must be free.

I want to record my Playstation 3 gameplay and upload it to YouTube. Some games I will be filming are Skyrim, Call Of Duty, Mass Effect 3, and GTA5 when it releases.

I would like to record using the AV components, but play using the HDMI cable. Also, I will need to have it so both game sound and my microphone sound be recorded.

I know it sounds like alot, but please help me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't say what operating system you're using. Doesn't the Dazzle/Pinnacle support site list any driver downloads?
    Last edited by sanlyn; 22nd Mar 2014 at 21:17.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's been years since I had a Dazzle card and I don't play games. All I can tell you is that in the past that Dazzle made it very difficult to download their software without the disc (ATI is the same). You may have to buy a replacement CD.

This is not a high quality card so please do not have unrealistic expectations as to what it can do. It can only record in DVD quality and it apparently uses composite video only. You will NOT be able to record in high definition with this card.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by XxErrorCode404xX View Post
    Hello. This is my first post here, and I joined for the reason that I need major help with my capture card.

I have a Dazzle DVC100 that I recieved 2 Xmas ago. I have since lost the disc/instructions and have been left with the actual card left alone.

Ive tried in the past, but I cant seem to get it to work. Those damn YouTube tutorials are too confusing for me, and I really want to use my card.

I also need recomendations on programs that are available, and they must be free.

I want to record my Playstation 3 gameplay and upload it to YouTube. Some games I will be filming are Skyrim, Call Of Duty, Mass Effect 3, and GTA5 when it releases.

I would like to record using the AV components, but play using the HDMI cable. Also, I will need to have it so both game sound and my microphone sound be recorded.

I know it sounds like alot, but please help me.
    Forget about using HDMI for playing the game and using any of the console's analog A/V connection to record. Game consoles can't produce a signal for the HDMI port and the A/V port at the same time.

You would need a powered HDMI splitter and powered HDMI to composite/S-video, plus stereo audio converter to have both types of output at once. I suspect that would cost more than you want to pay, and wouldn't give you the quality you want.

You need to use composite or S-video plus stereo audio for both the TV and the Dazzle. That is what most of the YouTube videos are about.

It doesn't look like you can afford the the alternative, getting a different capture device, so you can use an HD connection for the TV TV. Even then HDMI is problematic. A component video capture device with an internal splitter, like the Hauppauge HD-PVR, works best with a PS3 because the PS3 places HDCP encryption on HDMI.

[Edit]HDMI capture devices are not allowed to record HDCP protected video. (The HDMI license requires that.) Some people find ways around it, but it is simper to use component video for capture instead. The captured video is still very good quality.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 9th Jul 2012 at 10:40.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Gunslinging Womanizer
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    You didn't say what operating system you're using. Doesn't the Dazzle/Pinnacle support site list any driver downloads?
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit. It's on my profile. All I'm asking is what program I should use other than the one it came with and how to set up my card on the Ps3.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Gunslinging Womanizer
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    This is not a high quality card so please do not have unrealistic expectations as to what it can do. It can only record in DVD quality and it apparently uses composite video only. You will NOT be able to record in high definition with this card.
    I know. I plan to record using composite video/audio but have it display HDMI on my TV screen.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Gunslinging Womanizer
    Search Comp PM
    Ok.. I understand.
    Quote Quote