VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, my easycap always transmits the video signal a bit late and is very difficult to play black ops etc.
    Im trying to play my xbox 360 directly through the composite, not through video out on the tv.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Your only option is to have dual outputs from the game. One to the capture device and one to the television....and play/view the game on the television.
    Quote Quote  
  3. oh right, well i got it going right through the television, then i tried to record and the audio was completely out of sync with the video and kept changing pitch. Is it easier to get a better quality capture card?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by swiftflikk View Post
    oh right, well i got it going right through the television, then i tried to record and the audio was completely out of sync with the video and kept changing pitch. Is it easier to get a better quality capture card?
    Virtually all capture devices and capture software introduce an unacceptable delay if there are no splitters added to the console output that allow both a TV and capture device to each have their own input. There are many videos on YouTube that show how to set up the splitters.

A better capture device would be a good idea, mostly because people report so many problems getting EasyCaps and their software to work. However, the only capture devices that are guaranteed not to introduce a delay have an internal splitter for analog component video and either stereo audio or S/PDIF audio, so you can connect one leg of the split to your TV and record from the other. That kind of capture device is not cheap
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's what i was thinking, I've been looking at two capture cards in particular; The Dazzle DVD Recorder and Hauppauge USB-Live2... Which one in your opinion(s) is the best?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's what i was thinking, I've been looking at two capture cards in particular; The Dazzle DVD Recorder and Hauppauge USB-Live2... Which one in your opinion(s) is the best?
    I have a Hauppauge USB-Live2 and it's great....but you will still need to double out to ANY capture device, one to view and one to record.....there is NO WAY around that. The sooner you get that through your head, the better off you will be.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yeah im going to start using the video out rca ports in the back of my tv, does this work as good as splitters would?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah im going to start using the video out rca ports in the back of my tv, does this work as good as splitters would?
    Maybe, although TVs with outgoing RCA composite video connections are uncommon, and sometimes they only work with the video from the TV's tuner, not video from the TV's A/V inputs. I have never seen a TV with an outgoing composite video connection in real life, only a couple of pictures posted by forum members. TVs often have multiple composite video and stereo audio inputs, but the only outgoing connections are audio ports to be used with a receiver.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah im going to start using the video out rca ports in the back of my tv, does this work as good as splitters would?
    Goodbye.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by swiftflikk View Post
    If your TV has a "monitor out" it will work as well as a splitter. Few TVs have that though.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Maybe, although TVs with outgoing RCA composite video connections are uncommon, and sometimes they only work with the video from the TV's tuner, not video from the TV's A/V inputs. I have never seen a TV with an outgoing composite video connection in real life, only a couple of pictures posted by forum members. TVs often have multiple composite video and stereo audio inputs, but the only outgoing connections are audio ports to be used with a receiver.
    I know that my TV supports outgoing RCA composite, it worked with my easycap so my guess is it should work with any other capture card?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I know that my TV supports outgoing RCA composite, it worked with my easycap so my guess is it should work with any other capture card?
    I didn't think that you meant you used outgoing A/V connections on the TV when you wrote:
    oh right, well i got it going right through the television, then i tried to record and the audio was completely out of sync with the video and kept changing pitch.
    The video should work then, but you could still have audio problems. It depends on what is causing them. It could be the TV's audio output is faulty, or the problem could be caused by something else, not the EasyCap.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I didn't think that you meant you used outgoing A/V connections on the TV when you wrote:
    oh right, well i got it going right through the television, then i tried to record and the audio was completely out of sync with the video and kept changing pitch.
    The video should work then, but you could still have audio problems. It depends on what is causing them. It could be the TV's audio output is faulty, or the problem could be caused by something else, not the EasyCap.
    I was just going to use a RCA to 3.5mm audio adapter with an Auxiliary cord and plug that into my mic jack in my laptop for sound. do you think that would work?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was just going to use a RCA to 3.5mm audio adapter with an Auxiliary cord and plug that into my mic jack in my laptop for sound. do you think that would work?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Usually it is better to use the capture device's audio inputs. The capture device's drivers normally insure the audio and video input are properly synchronized feeding into the capture software.

However, I have seen a number of reports from people who can't get their EasyCap to work for audio capture. There is no audio, or there is audio but something is wrong with it. A driver issue may be the reason for the problem, or the hardware. In either case, sometimes using the PC microphone jack or audio line-in works, assuming the capture software can use a different audio source.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Jul 2012 at 22:19. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sweet, that's fixed most of my problems, thanks for your help
    Quote Quote