this is my first post here and hope that some can help.
ive just bought a philips BD2700 dvd player and iam looking for anyone who has managed
to find a hack that works to make the player region free, ive tried this,
1 open the tray
2 go to setup
3 use the arrow to go down to preference page
4 enter "138931"
5 then region 0 is on the screen
6 press ok
and it didnt work then i tried this and it didnt work also so,
1. Make sure there is no disc in the tray when you switch on.
2. Press "home" key on remote control.
3. Enter number "1389310".
4. Switch off. Wait a few seconds and then switch on...now region free.
ive look all over the net and keep getting the same ways of doing it but no luck,
or am i doing something wrong, is the "home page" where you have 3 icons the dvd, usb and the settings?
it feels like ive tried every combination but no luck.
hope someone can help.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
IF you do find a hack for that player.....it will only be for DVDs.
thats all iam after not worried about blue ray just yet, can you help in anyway?
thanks for replying so quick.
(Some) Philips DVD players are are some of the few remaining hackable players. Blu Ray players - even if only looking to hack the DVD aspect of the player...are very rare. Don't get your hopes up. Nobody here makes hacks. Nobody here is hiding a super-secret hack from you. If there is none then there is none.....end of story.
I think we have 2 possibilities here.
1) Sometimes the manufacturer makes changes in hardware during production that break hacks that used to work. Not much you can do if this is the case.
2) Sometimes the people who post hacks here are morons and they leave out absolutely critical steps that the hack won't work without. For example please take a look here at this Philips DVD player hack:
The instructions posted on Feb. 7, 2011 work. The ones posted on July 16, 2010 leave out critical steps and do not work. Try the Feb. 7, 2011 instructions on your player even though you have a different player. Let us know if it works or not.
By the way, your player is a BDP2700, so you've kind of screwed yourself by not putting the correct model. Fix your subject and post to have the correct model number. It's not BD2700.
sorry not got back but still no joy.
ive looked at the back of the player all it tells me is bd2700/05 and made in poland.
thanks for your efforts.