VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys major headache here. I'm using Pinnacle Studio HD 15. I've just finished editing my first HD video as I just got my first HD camcorder from Sony. I'm hoping to output a HD film but am not sure which format to choose. I noticed there's DIVX HD Plus; MPEG-2 (with 720p option), MEPG-2 TS (not sure what's the difference with this BUT when I import the files from the camcorder they are in MPEG-2 TS as well), MPEG-4 (720p). Which of these output format do I choose? I'm hoping to play them on my HDTV. I have a WDTV so I think compatibility should not be a major issue. However, obviously I prefer a decent size per quality and not a overly huge raw file ala the DV days of the camcorders. If anything can go under 10GB for a really good HD quality that'd be great. My film is about 2 hours which is average for a cinema movie as well which I think we can normally find for 4-6GB for 720p standards. I'd like something similar.

Another questions guys, Pinnacle doesn't seem to encode my mpeg-4 in HD properly. If non-HD it works but in HD it always crashes. Is it possible to import the project to other video editing softwares? Or do I have to do the editing all over again? (which would be hell!) I wanted to use Sony's bundled PMB software but it doesn't seem to have any choice of putting transitions in! I don't like that as I do use a few transitions here and there. PMB is too simple in my opinion. What other software do you guys recommend?

Also, sometimes the video encoded in Pinnacle comes out interlaced, very annoying. I just encoded with MPEG-2 HD 720P and there is some interlacing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You made a two hour video with a camcorder?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    avchd/mp4 is what you're after. size = bitrate x running time so use a calculator to determine what bitrate you want. if ps hd15 can't handle it you can render to a lossless avi and then render using vidcoder/handbrake/any other x264 gui.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Budwzr: yea...a home video actually.

aedipuss: how do you mean by lossless avi in Studio 15. Under avi there's the option for DV and others. But my sony handycam exports the video over to my pc in mpeg2-ts format. Should I instead aim to render the files in that then instead of DV? During the tape days then it's definitely in DV but now it seems to be in mpeg2-ts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lossless (nearly anyway) avi codecs like huffyuv or lagarith can be installed and used to export after editing to a large but nearly lossless avi. that avi can then be used in another encoder to make avchd/x264 video.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I installed huffyuv codec...but what encoder can I use to encode this lossless avi? Can Studio 15 do it?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Immortal25 View Post
    I installed huffyuv codec...but what encoder can I use to encode this lossless avi? Can Studio 15 do it?
    dunno what studio 15 can do, but if not it's pretty useless as an editor. most avi formats should be listed under windows avi where you can choose what codec to render to.
    Quote Quote