VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need to put content of FLV container into MP4 container. I don't want to do a conversion I just want to move the content from FLV to MP4.
    I was able to extract the contents of FLV using FLV_Extract_v1.6.2 but when I used Yamb to put the contents into MP4 it fails.
    Last edited by arraboy; 29th Jun 2012 at 02:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there.

First of all, make sure both the video and the audio are "MP4-compatible" (for example, VP6 video and Speex audio are not MP4-compliant, AFAIK at least).

Secondly, try to use MP4Box directly, because YAMB not always works as it should
    (besides, its author is more of a troll than a serious programmer).
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can use FlvExtract to extract elementary streams from the FLV file. Then Yamb or Mp4Box to mux them into an MP4.

If you can use command line tools you can use ffmpeg in a single step:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i source.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy output.mp4
    Put the attached "Remux to MP4.bat" (in a zip archive) file in your SendTo folder and you can right click on any FLV file and select SendTo -> Remux to MP4.BAT to create an MP4 with the same base name as the source file. You'll have to edit the BAT file if ffmpeg is installed in a folder other than C:\Program Files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe.

Or you can place the BAT file anywhere and drag-and-drop a file onto it.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 29th Jun 2012 at 08:40.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for the replys I found a solution here http://www.osmf.org/configurator/fmp/#
    Quote Quote