Search Comp PM
    i cut my own hair
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Anonymous30
    Scissors
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    fantastic sams....cheap place to get a haircut....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cut my own..it's free...shave it to nubs with a philips norelco hair trimmer...nice in the summer
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    One of three lovely girls(all with nice racks and pretty blue eyes) at the 10€ haircut place....and they love my accent...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cut my own.

Hair trimmer + scissors.
    Quote Quote  
  7. My wife, with an electric razor. Results in about a 3/4 inch cut. Finished off around the edges with a straight razor.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Been going to the same Barber since I was about 18, he's about 6 years older than me. I'm 47 now.
    Hmmmm........Apparently I don't like change

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Been going to the same Barber since I was about 18, he's about 6 years older than me. I'm 47 now.
    Hmmmm........Apparently I don't like change

--dES
    My aunt used to cut my hair from the age of 4 yrs old......the she decided to retire 5 years ago.....I'm 50 now.....Hahaha! So it's been fantastic sams for the last 5 years.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Local barber. Not a chain. Though I'm not particular about who does it. There are about 5 spots in the shop and I usually get it done by one of three regulars there. All in all about the same each time.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  11. When we were young my wife had a friend that was a stylist and we all got our hair cut by her, but she went to school, became a teacher and quit the hair biz. I've been cutting my own ever since. We have a nice Wahl electric razor that does an excellent job, but it means I usually end up cutting my hair shorter than I like it (but what the heck, it grows back). Maybe I should get a Flobee to keep it longer.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  12. My wife took a $30 hairdressing course at night school, many years ago. I wish the stock market yielded such a good return.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    had a crew cut and shaved everyday for previous 25 years, now haven't cut my hair or beard at all in the last 5. think game of thrones character...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  14. cut my own..and kids..except my girls she has to go to a hairdressers as i only do crew cuts lol
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very fortunate to live in an ethnically diverse city. There are some excellent Vietnamese barbers here who charge only ten bucks for primo precision cuts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The local barbers all seem to have gone out of business.
    What you're left with is non-chain copycats of chains, with unisex stylists. All female, no males.

Conversation is non-existent if you're a male customer. Cackling conversations when female.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    The local barbers all seem to have gone out of business.
    What you're left with is non-chain copycats of chains, with unisex stylists. All female, no males.

Conversation is non-existent if you're a male customer. Cackling conversations when female.
    Interesting. I live in a part NJ where chain stores trump mom and pop stores 90% of the time (my own industry especially!), but the only chain hair cutters we have seems to 'Supercuts' and there aren't a lot, at least near me.

Now in the towns I live in and work in there have to be 100 salons and barber shops that are all privately owned.

Maybe NJ is doing something right...figures it would be hair

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been going to the same female (Italian) hairstylist for the past 7 years even tho' I basically have a number 2 buzz cut. Does a good job and trims my eyebrows and does my nails. When you are 74 you gotta look neat! My neighbour hood is strongly Chinese/Italian/Lebanese/Anglo/Gay so the conversation is a riot and wouldn't miss my fortnightly appointment for anything.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My wife cuts my (thinning) hair and has done so for years. It's pretty much a buzz cut these days -
    what with the tendency of unruly curly hair , and the deficit on top, it's a no brainer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    i cut my own hair

It shows....
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    i cut my own hair

It shows....
    Hey,i didn't comb it for that pic
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For more than 10 years now, I go to local barbershop staffed by Vietnamese men and women. When I first went there, it's $4 for a regular haircut. Now it's $7 which I resent because I have 90% less hair than before.
    Quote Quote