VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anonymous1
    Last edited by Anonymous1; 23rd Apr 2016 at 09:12.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your video can be used as-is. MP2 audio isn't allowed. Read 'What Is Blu-ray', the link for which is found at the upper left of this page:

https://www.videohelp.com/hd

Just as you have to author for DVD, so do you have to author for Blu-ray. You use MultiAVCHD, tsMuxer, or something else:

https://www.videohelp.com/tools?toolsearch=&Submit=Search&convert=&s=114&orderby=Name&hits=50
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you could give a try to the freeware "DVDtoBD Express" ,

http://www.dvd2bd.com/dvdtobdexpress.html

Also, please notice that Blu-Ray has some restrictions for standard-definition MPEG-2 video:

--- resolution = only 720x480 or 720x576

--- frame rate = 29.97 or 25 FPS

--- must have been encoded as *interlaced*

MP2 audio is not Blu-Ray~compliant, therefore it will have to be converted to AC3 or DTS, minimum.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    el: Have you tried it? Is it worth adding to our tools list.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It seems to work on my test dvd. Added DVDtoBD Express.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools?convert=DVD%20to%20Blu-ray
    Last edited by Baldrick; 18th Jun 2012 at 04:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a special reason you need the videos authored to a disc? Why not just rip the videos to a hard drive?

If backups are your deal, why not just save the disc image to a hard drive?

vhs to dvd to blu-ray just doesn't make much sense to me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    @ Baldrick: actually I had downloaded it 3 months ago , BUT I simply forgot to test it

Anyway, yes it does work as advertised , and thanks for adding it to the tool list
    Quote Quote  
  8. Cool, just tried out prog, it appears to work.
    If so it can be used to backup a 2 layer dvd to one bd disc.....
    Wonder if it can be configured to put multiple dvds on on bd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the program on a simple single layer DVD. It did convert it to BR file format and it preserved the simple menu. In my standalone I noticed that the time counter did not work.
    What is the point of this program? Why convert a DVD to BR file format?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it also with deep space nine retail dual layer dvd.

It worked and played back fine on my standalone bluray player, main menu, episode menu's, etc.
    Retained all the subs, audio tracks, etc.
    I tested it on a BD-RE.

But I am missing the point as to putting one dual layer (7.95gb) dvd to a single layer Bluray (23.3gb) disc ?
    That is crazy wasted space!!!!!

Unless it can combine several dvd's to one SL Bluray it seem's to be kind of a waste of time and I don't see the point....
    Or am I missing something ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could put it on DVD D/L instead of a BD,but why?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Another thing I noticed, it does not seem to upconvert from the BD as it does from a DVD.

Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    You could put it on DVD D/L instead of a BD,but why?
    Okay, you lost me on that one.....

It would be nice to be able to put 3 dvd's onto one BD-R.

And the time counter worked fine on my standalone using this.

Although every time I tried to open it on my PC with TMT only the main menu would work, going to one of the sub menu's it would just lock up and not even show any links.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I tried a movie only dvd title.
    To answer the question, yes it could come in handy putting a dual layer on one bd single layer
    if one uses the cheaper bd media....I can get them for the same price as a dual layer dvd blank.
    But I do agree it would be better if it were able to put multiple dvds on one bd.
    Without that the program will have limited appeal....still good to have for a special project.
    Quote Quote  
  14. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I admit it, I myself had not thought about the *point* of such software...

In theory at least, it would be nice to store several DVD titles in a single BD-R, however it seems the remuxer supports only one VIDEO_TS input at a time

Or maybe, who knows, the point of this BD-Remuxer was to show
    there was no point in including Standard-Definition video in the Blu-Ray specs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @El Heggunte & Noahtuck

Maybe combine 2 or 3 DVD's using DVDRemakePro, and then use DVDtoBD Express to convert to BluRay? Haven't tried it, just occurred to me so thought I'd mention it ...
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does the full version support several dvds to one bd? It looks very expensive though.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by rickydavao View Post
    @El Heggunte & Noahtuck

Maybe combine 2 or 3 DVD's using DVDRemakePro, and then use DVDtoBD Express to convert to BluRay? Haven't tried it, just occurred to me so thought I'd mention it ...
    It works!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Anonymous1
    Last edited by Anonymous1; 23rd Apr 2016 at 09:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nice2BHi View Post
    Originally Posted by rickydavao View Post
    @El Heggunte & Noahtuck

It works!
    Hi Nice2BHi,

This is interesting. I too have several dvd series I'd like on a BD. A few of them have rather complicated menu's that take ages to get it right manually. It would be great to have those on a BD for each dvd program itself.

I also played with DVDtoBD Express and it indeed seems to work for one dvd to one BD only.

Question: Can you tell me how DVDRemake Pro deals with results that exceed the dvd-dl size? I don't know the program.

Thanks

Ennio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Ennio

DVDRemake Pro doesn't really care how big the project file size gets. The tool within the program is called "Merge DVD's", and will merge up to 4 separate DVD projects, and making a rudimentary root menu that allows you to select which DVD you'd like to play (this root menu can be customized using a separate authoring program using instructions on DvdRemake's website). It will warn you that the final project size exceeds either a single-layer or dual-layer DVD capacity, but it will still write the final project anyway, regardless the final size. Commonly used to combine 2 single-layer DVD's to a dual layer, although I often used to combine 2 DVD's and then shrink it down to a single layer afterwards using either DVD Shrink or DVD Rebuilder.

So basically, if you merge 3 dual layer DVD's with Dvd Remake Pro, it will output a nice big 18-20Gb (or whatever) final project for you that, according to Nice2BHi, DVDtoBD Express will happily convert to a BluRay for you. Kinda cool, I guess.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is good news rickydavao

I will definitely take a look into this. Thanks!

Originally Posted by rickydavao View Post
    ... although I often used to combine 2 DVD's and then shrink it down to a single layer afterwards using either DVD Shrink or DVD Rebuilder.
    Thinking of this: since you are re-encoding then could one not also make a gigantic blu-ray project with a lot of dvd's --> import them in DVDRemake Pro and create 1 waaaay to large dvd, convert in a (thus still way to large) blu-ray with DVDtoBD Express, and then transcode to BD-R 25 with BD Rebuilder? For SD video one could use a very small bitrate for the x264 encoder (say like 4 times smaller than mpg2 bitrate or so), my guess?

Cheers

Ennio
    Last edited by Ennio; 25th Jun 2012 at 10:03.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I've been thinking about the DVDReMake Pro solution as well. One thing I'm curious about is if it's possible to combine more than just 4 DVDs? I think (but might be wrong?) DVD Fab does it with 2, so maybe it's possible then to have 8 (or even more) DVDs on a Blu-Ray?

Also, as DVDReMake is no longer in production, is there any other softwares around that will do a similar job?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    MultiAVCHD should be able to do this for you. If it doesn't crash in the middle of processing.

I found a way of doing it with Vob2Mpeg, AVStoDVD and DVDtoBD Express. I was attempting to do this without reprocessing the dvds, so my limit was the number of dvds that would fit onto my target of a single layer blu ray. http://club.myce.com/f32/guide-combining-dvd-videos-into-blu-ray-331859/
    Quote Quote  
  24. I know MultiAVCHD removes Menus, so I'm curious if there's a program that will grab the Menus for re-use? I know DVDReMake can do it, but is there another way, without the need to use it, since I'm only thinking of the main background image?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    MultiAVCHD should be able to do this for you. If it doesn't crash in the middle of processing.

I found a way of doing it with Vob2Mpeg, AVStoDVD and DVDtoBD Express. I was attempting to do this without reprocessing the dvds, so my limit was the number of dvds that would fit onto my target of a single layer blu ray. http://club.myce.com/f32/guide-combining-dvd-videos-into-blu-ray-331859/
    Which is better, Kerry, & why? MultiAVCHD or AVStoDVD?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    AVStoDVD is much more stable. But it is not in the same category of software. It is designed to make dvd video.

There really isn't another free program with all the possible uses as MultiAVCHD. And its menu creation for blu ray is really pretty good. I just have had bad luck using MultiAVCHD, with unexplained crashes or hangs in processing.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Is it worth converting with MKVmerge GUI first, or will these programs do the job for me just as well (I tried MultiAVCHD before, but can't remember if it does it?)?

Also, will any of these programs remember the title of extras when converted? I used an MKV converter before that gave me the title of the extras, but don't know which one it was.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Don't really know why you'd need to use Mkvmerge GUI, but I never mess with extras, so I'm probably not the right person to ask about this.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    Is it worth converting with MKVmerge GUI first, or will these programs do the job for me just as well (I tried MultiAVCHD before, but can't remember if it does it?)?

Also, will any of these programs remember the title of extras when converted? I used an MKV converter before that gave me the title of the extras, but don't know which one it was.
    I'm pretty sure now, after doing a search, that the program that gave me the titles is actually Videoscripts http://videoscripts.wordpress.com/
    Quote Quote  
  30. i am chilling out in a pub patio, looking for a silver lining in the night of a new moon day. Started thinking on a developing rocket science that leads to the center of the Earth rather than a mission to the Mars. Or, he can simply remux to.m2ts without encoding and have several titles on to BD.
    Quote Quote