VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. start with 2 and use a higher thread count if you don't run into problem until you hit your sweet spot
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the help guys i'll give that ago tomorrow
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys how to fix the memory leak on megui when i load the AVS on megui my ram just goes up nearly 500MB and then when i start the encode it goes around 1.2GB just for plain script without even MT

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\MeGUI_0.3.5_x86_WithoutInstaller_OfflinePackage\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("D:\Stream Dwnloads\YUAM_HD_1280.mp4", threads=1)
    Crop(2, 90, -2, -90)
    Spline36Resize(720,304)
    you think it mite have anything to do with this FFVideoSource("D:\Stream Dwnloads\YUAM_HD_1280.mp4", threads=1<----? iam runing avisynth 2.6 MT edition i think is MT edition don't know

http://prntscr.com/35onrw
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not sure if the additional memory usage is really due to avisynth and not due to the encoder you choose.
    Depending on the encoder and the settings it might simply buffer a lot of frames.
    In x264 there are settings for different lookaheads, the maximal gop size and other settings which influence the memory consumption a lot.

As a side node as long as the RAM usage for a 32bit program stays below 2GB and your general memory is not depleted, there should be no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I guys i tired all your stuff out and got good speed with virtualdub but not with megui i used the same script on both and just did the "Run Video Analsyas Pass" on Both but getting totally different speed what mite be the course of that? and my RAM is not using much as well here is my script

Code:
    SetMemoryMax(1800)
    SetMTMode(2)
    LoadPlugin("D:\EDrive\megui\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    DGDecode_mpeg2source("D:\EDrive\Downloads\Inga E\VTS_03_1.d2v", info=3)
    LoadPlugin("D:\EDrive\megui\tools\avisynth_plugin\ColorMatrix.dll")
    ColorMatrix(hints=true, threads=0)
    crop(0, 52, 0, -56)
    Spline36Resize(640,272) # Spline36 (Neutral)
    LSFmod(strength=75, smode=4, soothe=true, keep=100, edgemode=0, edgemaskHQ=false)

Screen shot of VIRTUALDUB: http://prntscr.com/360xun

Screen shot of MEGUI: http://prntscr.com/360ybe

Please let me know what i can do and thanks for the support guys
    Quote Quote  
  6. Code:
    SetMemoryMax(1800)
    Using 32bit Avisynth MT a value above 1024 doesn't make any sense to me, so to me it seems like you do have no clue what this value does and how it's influence is on the Avisynth MT environment.
    -> Please explain why you would choose that value.

i used the same script on both and just did the "Run Video Analsyas Pass" on Both but getting totally different speed what mite be the course of that?
    MeGuis analysis and Virtual Dubs analysis are two totally different things.
    -> it would be surprising if their processing speed is the same.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Code:
    SetMemoryMax(1800)
    Using 32bit Avisynth MT a value above 1024 doesn't make any sense to me, so to me it seems like you do have no clue what this value does and how it's influence is on the Avisynth MT environment.
    -> Please explain why you would choose that value.

i used the same script on both and just did the "Run Video Analsyas Pass" on Both but getting totally different speed what mite be the course of that?
    MeGuis analysis and Virtual Dubs analysis are two totally different things.
    -> it would be surprising if their processing speed is the same.
    i read on Google search 1 member used it like that and use LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE to change the ram limit so i did that as well

and AVSmeter and Virtualdub coming close to same speed where megui doesn't consume more CPU or RAM and the speed is slow please tell me the ways i can come over it i like using megui
    Quote Quote  
  8. You will not get the same speed during MeGuis source analysis and Virtual Dubs analysis of the file, since these two option to totally different things.
    Virtual Dub: only runs through the file (same as AVSmeter)
    MeGui: does an intensive interlace analysis on the file
    -> you will not get the same speeds no matter what,...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the reply if add SETMTMOD and number and try to encode it does same speed as without SETMTMOD

i have tired setMTmode(2-5) (0-12) is same speed without
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sounds like the avisynth script decoding is not the bottleneck, if your system can decoder the script with in example 500fps but encoding using the encoder of you choice is slower, the overall encoding speed will be as slow as the slowest element. (normally even slower, since now both encoding and decoding has to be done)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Sounds like the avisynth script decoding is not the bottleneck, if your system can decoder the script with in example 500fps but encoding using the encoder of you choice is slower, the overall encoding speed will be as slow as the slowest element. (normally even slower, since now both encoding and decoding has to be done)
    iam using teegedeck XviD '&gt;30% comp. check' (fast) but i have now tired all is same or less please help me to fix it
    Quote Quote  
  12. it's totally unclear what you are aiming for.
    Every other post you change what you are doing, how should people help you if it's unclear what your goal is?

I leave the field now to others, since to me this doesn't seem to find an end since you do not seem to know what you are aiming for, or you simply did not share your intended goal with us here.

-> Wish you the best of luck with whatever you try to archive.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    it's totally unclear what you are aiming for.
    Every other post you change what you are doing, how should people help you if it's unclear what your goal is?

I leave the field now to others, since to me this doesn't seem to find an end since you do not seem to know what you are aiming for, or you simply did not share your intended goal with us here.

-> Wish you the best of luck with whatever you try to archive.
    sorry i am trying to aim fastest speed of fps so i can encode quicker and i am getting low speed even when i use setmtmode so doing something wrong in order to get that slow where my script running faster on avsmeter and virtualdub
    Quote Quote  
  14. If your script runs fast, but you encoding doesn't, your problem isn't Avisynth, but the encoder or the encoder settings you use.
    -> use faster settings or another/faster encoder
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by sutha25 View Post
    SetMemoryMax(1800)
    If you're running out of memory the solution isn't to set AviSynth's memory usage higher. You should set it lower. When you open an AviSynth script within some other program AviSynth becomes part of that program. The memory that AviSynth uses and the memory the program uses come from the same 2 GB pool. The more AviSynth uses the less there is left for the program.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Also SeMemoryMax does only limit the amount of memory Avisynth uses internally for variables, it does not restrict the memory consumption of the filters.
    Quote Quote