VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HI CAN THIS WRITER BURN VIDEOS ON TO A DVD+R MEDIA. I WOULD LIKE TO BURN SOME OF MY VIDEOS, BUT I WAS WOUNDERING HAS ANY ONE ELSE TRIED IT BEFORE.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No! You will have to get the next version of this drive. There is a H/W change that has to be made to make the drive write +R. As far as DVD recordable, This drive will only write to DVD+RW.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    RAAGAAman that fuuny this page is say other wize DVD+R & DVD+RW.
    http://www.ricoh.co.jp/dvd/drive/mp5125a/
    But which DVD drive are you talk about Hitmandj being there two MP5125A DVD+R/RW or MP5120A DVD+RW and you only said MP512A
    Quote Quote  
  4. HEY SHS DO U REMEMBER ME I EMAIL YOU QUITE OFTEN I HAVE THE +RW. IS THERE NO FIRMWARE UPDATE. BECUASE THE ONLY ADVANATGE THAT +R WILL HAVE OVER +RW FOR ME IS THAT IT IS CHEAPER. BUT I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT REICHO BUT NO REPLY HAS COME BACK. AND WHAT HARD WARE CHANGE DO I MAKE RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGMAN
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    unfortuantly he's right.

DVD+RW, at least in the united states, do not burn to DVD+R and will NEVER be able to, no matter how many firmware updates are released.

This is DVD+RW's Waterloo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I take this is Dharmesh right?.
    You my want try asking that on the DVDplusRW.org Forum I on other hand don't know been I'am waiting for some review on the DVD+R/RW drive and some user input about them.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hitman - The H/W change is major. There is no F/W change. Ricoh has moved on to the MP5125A. Anybody know if this is shipping yet?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes if you live in Hong Kong read this user some what review of it
    http://www.dvdplusrw.org/cgi/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=2&topic=841
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!