VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, I've been enjoying my Sony HDR-HC3 MiniDV camcorder since 2006. I haven't checked the camcorder market but now I was curious to find out if the prosumer HD segment offers any big improvement in IQ over the HC3. So the question is, what current camcorder would you suggest to replace the HC3 that will surpass it in image quality and features by a huge margin? (in the $1000 to $1500 range) .Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks edDV. I was reading the first thread before your post and now I finished the second one. So you're saying that the Sony HVR-HD1000has the same image quality/performance as the HC3? I know that the HC3 performance in low light situations is not very good compared to current ones, but under good light conditions, will I see a better image quality in current models like the Canon Vixia HF G10 or Sony HDR-PJ760V as compared to the HC3?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alegator View Post
    Thanks edDV. I was reading the first thread before your post and now I finished the second one. So you're saying that the Sony HVR-HD1000has the same image quality/performance as the HC3? I know that the HC3 performance in low light situations is not very good compared to current ones, but under good light conditions, will I see a better image quality in current models like the Canon Vixia HF G10 or Sony HDR-PJ760V as compared to the HC3?
    The newer Sonys will be better than the HC3 but not as good as the Canon G10 and Panasonic TM900. Read the Camcorderinfo reviews for details. The HDV format Canon HV-40 scored way better than any of the Sonys.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    The newer Sonys will be better than the HC3 but not as good as the Canon G10 and Panasonic TM900.
    So the TM900 (discontinued around $400) is as good as the G10 (around $1350)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alegator View Post
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    The newer Sonys will be better than the HC3 but not as good as the Canon G10 and Panasonic TM900.
    So the TM900 (discontinued around $400) is as good as the G10 (around $1350)?
    According to Camcorderinfo.com it was a close second and does 1080p60. See the reviews. On top of that, they rated the replacement model lower than the TM900.
    Quote Quote